• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I finally found some .380 ammo at Academy. Monarch 94 Gr FMJ for $14.95 for a box of 50. Only had 6 boxes and I got all of them. Now I can go practice shooting my TCP without spending a fortune. The cheapest I was able to find before today was $40 hollowpoints. The salesman at Academy said shipments of 9mm and .380 will be more regular. Walmart is still the cheapest for Federal 9mm at $9.95.
    Texas SOT

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I finally found some .380 ammo at Academy. Monarch 94 Gr FMJ for $14.95 for a box of 50. Only had 6 boxes and I got all of them. Now I can go practice shooting my TCP without spending a fortune. The cheapest I was able to find before today was $40 hollowpoints. The salesman at Academy said shipments of 9mm and .380 will be more regular. Walmart is still the cheapest for Federal 9mm at $9.95.

Gotta love walmart 9mm... I stocked up on 380 at Academy during the great drought that plagued our great state last year in the springtime and summer and amassed close to 5k and now i've sold some of it and have shot of it and now i still have some left... :D

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I'm not sure if the .380 Monarch is any good, but my AK loves the 7.62x39 and G26 and G21 eat nothing but Monarch for plinking.

I'm not too fond of the 9mm Federal. They seem a bit bigger than the Monarch and don't seem to sit right in my Glock. Shot fine though.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Pretty much all the 380 I shoot is monarch and I've never had a problem with it... True it does create a dirty hell hole in my Mustang :( but I get to detail it which I absolutely love... No lie... The only problem I have with Monarch is my Mustang doesn't like to feed the hollowpoints very well...

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    I got lucky and the wal-mart close to me stocks 400 rounds every 2 weeks of WWB, and in the last couple months I have gotten 2000 rounds of it at 34.98 for a boxx of 100. just luck that I found out when they get them in. Just got my wife's Bersa .380 concealed carry model a week before I ran into the ammo, so far that all the Bersa has eatin through, and its not the cleanest to shoot but it's better than the Monarch I use for my 9mms.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I only have one .380 and it's a safe queen, for sentimental reasons. One 100rd box of WWB has lasted me a couple years, and I just picked up another 50. I should be good till 2015.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Is there any particular reason why this round is so hard to find? All the hoarders and thug nastys buyin' it up?

It's such a small round, and almost 2x $ as 9mm...if it weren't for the LCP i'd scoff at it.

I'm considering a .32, Kel Tec P32 is same size and from what i've heard the ballistics in the .32 vs .38 isn't huge

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Is there any particular reason why this round is so hard to find? All the hoarders and thug nastys buyin' it up?

It's such a small round, and almost 2x $ as 9mm...if it weren't for the LCP i'd scoff at it.

I'm considering a .32, Kel Tec P32 is same size and from what i've heard the ballistics in the .32 vs .38 isn't huge

The price on .32 and .25 that I have seen have been significantly worse than the .380... IDK why it is so hard to find... I think it is getting easier but you also have to factor into the equation that it is the exact same projectile used by the 9mm round which is a military round and also one of the most (if not the most) popular calibers for handguns in this country...

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    The price on .32 and .25 that I have seen have been significantly worse than the .380... IDK why it is so hard to find... I think it is getting easier but you also have to factor into the equation that it is the exact same projectile used by the 9mm round which is a military round and also one of the most (if not the most) popular calibers for handguns in this country...
    yeah they use the same dies as the 9mm and most ammo makers are still behind on 9mm 380 does not sell as much but i to see more and more a round gun shop in Gatesville has some the last time i was i there good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom