Guns International

.45 ACP 1911 barrel threaded for a can.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't know of any type system like that. The end of the barrel would have to be very large to allow room for the threads on the inside. I don't think the walls of the barrel are thick enough to do it this way and have enough strength left to support a suppressor. The male end of the suppressor and the female end of the barrel together couldn't be any thicker than the barrel itself. If the barrel flared out to make more room, you wouldn't be able to remove the barrel bushing.

It could be possible with a 1911 that has a bushingless barrel, as they have thicker barrels.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I think it would be more prone to error that one.

With bare threading internally it could effect the bullet. Escaped gas or uneven twisting. This could be overcome with a thread cover but it could loosen, not be there, or not be flush

Neat idea but I think external threading is superior.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    thanks for the input guys thats what i thought. Im gonna have Fusion build me a tactical/operator type commander size 1911. and want a threaded barrel for a can, but was just trying to keep it simple and not "Hey look at me I have a threaded barrel"!!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Im getting a threaded barrel with my can for my 1911 and the only time the threaded barrel will be in the pistol is if im going to be useing the can.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Im getting a threaded barrel with my can for my 1911 and the only time the threaded barrel will be in the pistol is if im going to be useing the can.

I was going to suggest this idea.
    The Walther P22 has an interesting set up for their threaded barrel.

subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    think your pissing in the wind on this one, I dont know of any suppressor manufact, that make a male thread attachment point for their suppressors. Most suppressors use a female connection point, except for a few custom one off integral jobs that attach to a frame. If you need a good drop in barrel, check bar sto, or jarvis for 1911 barrels.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    You copying me!!!!
    GhettoBlaster.jpg

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    thanks for the input guys thats what i thought. Im gonna have Fusion build me a tactical/operator type commander size 1911. and want a threaded barrel for a can, but was just trying to keep it simple and not "Hey look at me I have a threaded barrel"!!

I know you're a 1911 guy, but an HK Tactical makes an AWESOME host for a can........probably my favorite gun to shoot.

ETA: Already comes with a threaded barrel as well.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I wanted a suppressed .45 forever. My problem is the two .45 I own (H&K P9S & Les Baer SRP) aint never going to see one. Can't see ever buying another .45 as both of these are great guns. I thought about a H&K MK23, but it's a monster of a pistol.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I wanted a suppressed .45 forever. My problem is the two .45 I own (H&K P9S & Les Baer SRP) aint never going to see one. Can't see ever buying another .45 as both of these are great guns. I thought about a H&K MK23, but it's a monster of a pistol.

That's why you should just go with the Tactical.......

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I suppressed a H&K USP .40 that I had bought when they first came out. Slapped a LAM on it & called it a day. It was my first suppressor/NFA purchase. I just bought the dies for my Dillon SDB & next month plan on building a second reloading bench to set it up on. Got 9 mm dies & I'm planning on creating my boot leg version of Fiochhi 158 grain sub sonic. That's going to cost more as I'll have to resize bullets for the project. Anyone know where there is a used bullet resizer cheap I'm looking for a Saeco or RCBS.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Skeeter, as a heads up, my Silencerco Osprey .45 can will work with .40 & 9mm as well by just changing out the pistons....

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    but then i'd have to go all "Matrix" with that new age looking can!! seriously though, how much for the other cal. size pistons and do they require any NFA paperwork? TS

No paperwork & less than $100.00 each, if I recall correctly.
    Here is a crummy phone pic of mine on the Tactical......

View attachment 7494

Top Bottom