• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This was a new one on me. Just wanted to share...

46.02%20Sign_zpsafjnb0uf.jpg

Cheers! M2
    Hurley's Gold

daveh75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2016
    Wouldn't it have been cheaper and more efficient to say "have to have a license to carry on premises"?

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Well, thats special! Completely pointless, but special!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Texas does not have a DMV. I assume that is at a DPS driver license office. It is a warning for open carry people who think they don't have to show the LTC if asked for one by a Peace Officer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Texas does not have a DMV. I assume that is at a DPS driver license office. It is a warning for open carry people who think they don't have to show the LTC if asked for one by a Peace Officer.

Bexar County Tax Assessor/Collector's Office, I use the term 'DMV' as it is what I associate with the place where I pay for vehicle registration and licensing.

And it's still pointless and a waste of taxpayer's money as there is no legal necessity for a sign.

I suspect they are trying to intimidate or deceive people from CC'ing or OC'ing in this location as it highly resembles a 30.06 and/or 30.07 sign.

There are a million other actions which would be an offense under Texas law if done in this facility, why do they need to specifically target CHL/LTC carriers?

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

it does now.

http://www.txdmv.gov/

We went over this a few months ago.

Place needs a "LTC Welcome" sign.

About Us:

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is a dynamic state agency dedicated to customer service, consumer protection and the success of motor vehicle-related industries.
    It is one of only a handful of state agencies that raises revenue for the state. For every $1 the agency spends, it returns more than $10 in state revenue. These funds are primarily used to build and maintain the state’s roads and bridges.
    The TxDMV is overseen by a nine member, governor-appointed board that is the agency’s policy-making arm. Daily operations are overseen by the agency’s executive director.
    Each year the agency registers almost 24 million vehicles; regulates vehicle dealers; credentials buses and big trucks for intrastate and interstate commerce; issues oversize and overweight permits; and awards grants to law enforcement agencies to reduce vehicle burglaries and thefts.
    The agency was created by the state legislature in 2009 and became operational on Nov. 1, 2009.
    The TxDMV mission is “to serve, protect and advance the citizens and industries in the state with quality motor vehicle related services.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    it does now.

About Us:

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is a dynamic state agency dedicated to customer service, consumer protection and the success of motor vehicle-related industries.
    It is one of only a handful of state agencies that raises revenue for the state. For every $1 the agency spends, it returns more than $10 in state revenue. These funds are primarily used to build and maintain the state’s roads and bridges.
    The TxDMV is overseen by a nine member, governor-appointed board that is the agency’s policy-making arm. Daily operations are overseen by the agency’s executive director.
    Each year the agency registers almost 24 million vehicles; regulates vehicle dealers; credentials buses and big trucks for intrastate and interstate commerce; issues oversize and overweight permits; and awards grants to law enforcement agencies to reduce vehicle burglaries and thefts.
    The agency was created by the state legislature in 2009 and became operational on Nov. 1, 2009.
    The TxDMV mission is “to serve, protect and advance the citizens and industries in the state with quality motor vehicle related services.

Damned yankees.
    Just gotta change everything.

daveh75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2016
    It's not their money, why should they care?

TRUE and valid point. I always thought it interesting that as a soldier I was expected to "be a good steward of the tax payers money"...and since I stayed on the Fed side since retiring I am still held to the same standard, but bureaucrats way above my pay grade made ignorant decisions wasting money. Funny if their mistakes were taken out of their paycheck, they make think twice...

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    TRUE and valid point. I always thought it interesting that as a soldier I was expected to "be a good steward of the tax payers money"...and since I stayed on the Fed side since retiring I am still held to the same standard, but bureaucrats way above my pay grade made ignorant decisions wasting money. Funny if their mistakes were taken out of their paycheck, they make think twice...

I don't think there is anyone thinking above your pay grade.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wait a minute! Isn't the sign completely unnecessary since it's illegal to carry a handgun without a license?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Bexar County Tax Assessor/Collector's Office, I use the term 'DMV' as it is what I associate with the place where I pay for vehicle registration and licensing.
    Gotcha

And it's still pointless and a waste of taxpayer's money as there is no legal necessity for a sign.

I suspect they are trying to intimidate or deceive people from CC'ing or OC'ing in this location as it highly resembles a 30.06 and/or 30.07 sign.

There are a million other actions which would be an offense under Texas law if done in this facility, why do they need to specifically target CHL/LTC carriers?

Since neither of of have a clue why they put the sign up, I'll venture another guess. They have had people open carrying who tried to argue with LE about displaying the license on request. I don't believe at all that they are trying to intimidate anyone.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    it does now.

About Us:

Cool. Unnecessary to have, but cool!

Top Bottom