• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    603 times? holy crap. I think I'd buy him a buss ticket to another state. Medicaid is paying on avg $195 per trip. The hospitals there could do more to curb this if he's doing it in most cases simply cause he can't afford to see his doctor, make is @ss wait in the waiting room while the other patients get seen. Down here just because you call an ambulance (or go into the ER via EMS) doesn't get you in any faster. I've had several patients get pissed when we lower the stretcher in the waiting room for them to get off. The frequent flyers do tend to learn what "complaints" may get themin the back faster.

There are few EMS or Ambulance agencies that will allow the medics to refuse transport of a patient. San Antonio had (don't know if they still do) a system where the medic can call and talk to a dr, after full assessment, and then get the paitent a voucher for a cab to the ER, but its faster for the medics to transport than to follow the path of refusing to transport

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Them scummy racist reporters, done messed up. I wonder if this fellow is a friend of obama too.
    Another perfect example of why obama-care won't work.
    Yet the guy needs medical attention and apparently a lot of it. Why can't they buy him a bus pass, and send him to a clinic or Doctor's office closer to his house, instead of the ER? The most common of common sense is lost on government health care.
    I really don't fault the guy for playing the system, I fault the system for not working out a better treatment plan for him.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Maybe I need to sell my car, quit my job and apply for medicare and food stamps. If I need a ride to the hospital I will simply call 911 and say "hey I need a ride to the hospital can y'all come and pick me up" after I get released from the hospital I will be a short walk from downtown and I can hit the club. And then maybe I'll get one of my friends to take me home. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this dude is on to something here. When he was asked if he felt bad for all the people who had to wait in line for there medical treatment he said "no". He was asked if he felt that the other people should do the same thing, he went on to say "I think they should call the ambulance to". What is this Country coming to that this behavior is considered okay!!?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I see this all to often, another point to ponder when the ER's catch on and stop "bringing them right to the back" they start ER hopping, which then becomes part of their medical history in a way as we tell the next ER on the list when they come in. MOst major cities, and even small towns have systems in place to help these people get low or no cost rides to appointments, they just don't take them, they go with that high cost, someone else might die when i'm abusiing the system route and then cry about not being taken care of

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I freaking HATE people like this. It makes my blood pressure go up enough that I question the load bearing capacity of my veins. I personally would rather the EMS pick him up, drive a 20' long 2x4 up his rectum, drive him into the ground on the highway divider, and leave him hanging for the vultures.

There are plenty of honest people that have trouble getting to their appointments, and have to show up hours early because of a lack of availability and spend most of their day waiting. This loser just calls the meat wagon to come get him.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I can tell you all from experience that ambulances are very expensive.my wife of 43 years passed away on may 21st.I called the local company to come take her to the hospital.it is a trip of 6 miles.It cost me $775.00.She spent a week in ICU before she passed and now I'm being hit with bills from every direction.I am living on social security and had no insurance of any kind on her,me I can go to the VA if I need anything.I would have been better off if I was an illegal alien or on welfare.:mad:

Top Bottom