• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well I got a call from my fiduciary for the VA.

After 7 long ass years of being poked, prodded, and poked again. Being scanned by every machine in the VA arsenal. Foreign doctor after foreign, lame ass, indian, saw bone, hack doctor. Begging, pleading, screaming....

I got a raised rating from 10% to 60% service connect for TBI.

What always pissed me off was that I wasn't a sick call ranger. I did my job and did it DAMN well. I never let the pain stop me from doing it either. Sick call wasn't my friend. I fought my enemy instead of belly ache. My medical record was sparse for good reason.

And over the years I watched vet after vet that made it a purpose to go to sick call more then roll call. Get 100%. I spent years fighting through my disabilities on my own. I lost jobs, a family, and damn near my mind.

7 years........If you up against the VA............NEVER STOP FIGHTING. I GODDAMN SURE WONT

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Well I got a call from my fiduciary for the VA.

After 7 long ass years of being poked, prodded, and poked again. Being scanned by every machine in the VA arsenal. Foreign doctor after foreign, lame ass, indian, saw bone, hack doctor. Begging, pleading, screaming....

I got a raised rating from 10% to 60% service connect for TBI.

What always pissed me off was that I wasn't a sick call ranger. I did my job and did it DAMN well. I never let the pain stop me from doing it either. Sick call wasn't my friend. I fought my enemy instead of belly ache. My medical record was sparse for good reason.

And over the years I watched vet after vet that made it a purpose to go to sick call more then roll call. Get 100%. I spent years fighting through my disabilities on my own. I lost jobs, a family, and damn near my mind.

7 years........If you up against the VA............NEVER STOP FIGHTING. I GODDAMN SURE WONT

After seeing so many stories like this I made a point of making my Soldiers get things documented. One of the better ideas the Army has come up with is a Saturday urgent care clinic. You don't miss any duty time, but can get things documented without tying up the ER. My Med record was thick, not by choice, when you add 13 surgeries to your record it grows. You don't have to be a sick call ranger to end up with a thick record.

Glad you have things settled for yourself. I don't know how long I will have to fight VA, but I don't plan to surrender.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    After seeing so many stories like this I made a point of making my Soldiers get things documented. One of the better ideas the Army has come up with is a Saturday urgent care clinic. You don't miss any duty time, but can get things documented without tying up the ER. My Med record was thick, not by choice, when you add 13 surgeries to your record it grows. You don't have to be a sick call ranger to end up with a thick record.

Glad you have things settled for yourself. I don't know how long I will have to fight VA, but I don't plan to surrender.

I was an MP. Our ass was wound tight as a bullfrogs(which is water proof)....sick call was a no go most of the time. Off duty was when you took a piss. If I only knew what I know now.

"youll work more then cooks" the recruiter would say. "how about helicopter mechanic?".......but oh no...just had to be a MP

Sgt, just stay on the Texas vet comm's ass to get it done. Get your record on disk and mail it to every lawyer that does disability. Thats my next step. I switched from temple to austin. Got an appt in a month. Im getting all the cd's I can get.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    My family is full of prior military, so luckily I knew what I had coming before I left for bootcamp. I made it a point to get things documented. I'm glad as hell that I did now that I'm out :D

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Get it! I'm paying taxes and I don't know what'all out of my paycheck.
    I'd much rather you Vets get it than the couch potato baby factory.
    Please don't give up.
    I can't believe it's that easy for them and so hard for y'all.
    :banghead:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I watched vet after vet that made it a purpose to go to sick call more then roll call.

That's why because it was documented on multiple occasions. Only time I ever went to medical was when they said hey dumbass you're on the hit list go to BAS and get your damn shots taken care of except for the rare occasion to get my knee checked because it was swollen and popping in which case it was a motrin/ice/drink water regimen, had to see a head doctor (decent guy actually) after we got back from Afghan because one of my SNCO's felt I was dealing with things the wrong way. After all the horror stories I had heard about the VA I decided to say eff it and didn't file any kind of claim just made copies of my stuff when I was checking out and registered when I got back to TX. I have gone twice for a VA scheduled checkup appointment so far and starting to rethink the claim thing since I keep getting told if I don't file within the first year of being out it just gets harder and harder so not sure what I'll decide. Anyways enough about me congrats on getting your rating upgraded.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Get it! I'm paying taxes and I don't know what'all out of my paycheck.
    I'd much rather you Vets get it than the couch potato baby factory.
    Please don't give up.
    I can't believe it's that easy for them and so hard for y'all.
    :banghead:
    this dammmmmmmmit no sense at all

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    think i might be heading that way. heart probs, knee. back,

Then get checked out yesterday. Don't drag your feet. The one thing the VA does do, is make sure you're taken care of. It's a pain sometimes, but they do care. Just roll with the bullshit they put out and you will get any help you need.

Get involved with the Texas Vet Commission. Or one of the others. they all do the same thing. But I like "Texas" in the name.

fishing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    SATX
    I feel so stupid for never going to sick call as well. I have given up on the VA after a year, but my wife is still going after her claim. Good luck to all that have to deal with this broken system!

Top Bottom