• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    For a pistol or sub gun, who cares about POI shift? A couple of MOA shift at 25 feet is trivial. I don't think anyone is recommending this for precision rifle work...

The oil filters on my shelf right now are a perforated tube down the center surrounded by a cylinder of media and then the outer shell. The only thing in the bullet path is the endcap/shell. The only thing hitting the filter media is blast gases...kinda like a engine muffler actually. With a good coating of oil to keep the media from igniting I think they would last a surprisingly long time.

A couple of inches of POI shift at such close ranges as 25 ft are insignificant to you?? That kind of inaccuracy would drive me batshit crazy unless I was chunking rocks at the target with a slingshot. And I'd start wondering about someone's priorities if they bought an actual transferable full-auto sub gun and then cheaped out with an oil filter "suppressor."

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Not illegal unless you put it on a rifle. No one is going to put a serial number on an oil filter and register it with the ATF. Thats the same as putting a plastic coke bottle on a .22 cal to suppress it. if the intended purpose is to suppress the firearm then it is illegal if not registered. Now it is not illegal to sell it or have it. just when you attach it to a firearm then you will get to meet new friends at club fed.

Top Bottom