• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I'm tempted to go write a bunch of reviews saying something like, "This thing is badass! I made my own paper-free silencer in my basement in fifteen minutes! Now to wait for a stormy night to take care of that yappy neighbor dog..."

Knock knock ATF WE HAVE A WARRANT!! Open the door or we are just going to burn your house down.

Sent from my toaster using secret alien technology.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I'm tempted to go write a bunch of reviews saying something like, "This thing is badass! I made my own paper-free silencer in my basement in fifteen minutes! Now to wait for a stormy night to take care of that yappy neighbor dog..."

Yeah, the anti's would love to get that story out in the MSM to panic the public even more................

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Last time I saw, a guy named Koresh opened the door and they burned the house down anyway.

When I had my glass company I employed a guy that looked identical to David koresh. Dude was a gun nut to like way out there, he didn't give a crap about what was legal or not. He ended up stealing 2 of my m1 carbines.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    IIRC, and correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the ATF requires the filter and adapter to be serialized. Thus, when the filter dies, so does the suppressor and would require a new Form 4.

The only thing that's serialized is the adapter. You can screw on as many oil filters you want after getting a tax stamp for the adapter. The baffles on a suppressor are not a serialized part.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Last time I saw, a guy named Koresh opened the door and they burned the house down anyway.

Last time I checked, David Koresh had a bunch of stolen military weapons from a National Guard depot stockpiled in his compound and they burned themselves to death when the BATFE started their raid.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    OK, just did a check on the "econocan" website, Cadiz Gun Works. The parts are serialized together. This is what they say.

"If or when you need to change the filter out, the ATF/NFA rules says it needs to come back to the original manufacture, which Cadiz Gun Works is. The cost is $25.00. The complete Econo-Can Suppressor can be shipped directly to us, for gunsmithing, which would be replacement/rehab/repair of the oil filter, with the serial # remarked, and documented as being replaced/rehabbed/repaired. The completed Econo Can Suppressor can be sent back to you at your address on your NFA Tax Stamp Form. You do not need to go though a dealer for gunsmithing services. The life of the oil filter varies depending on caliber used and bullet type. (ex. AR15=300-500 rds)"

uracowman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    katy
    I saw this and thought I would share.

It is an adapter that threads on your gun (1/2"x28) that allows you to use a car oil filter as a suppressor.

Ok, it costs $75 plus oil filter plus tax stamp.

I think it is innovative but there are definitely downfalls to the system.

Thoughts?

AmericanSpecialtyAmmo.com

I always wondered the legality of this item. I'm interested in one, but I also don't want to get arrested either.

Its not illegal in any way shape or form. It even says its a registered suppressor.

That's because the government thinks it's a suppressor, not an adapter where you can change out the filter. Correct me if I am wrong but unless you are an SOT, you can repair or alter the baffle stock or tube of a can once it needs to be replaced. This can only be done by an SOT smith.

gay. why not just pay 600-800 for a quality can that will last a lifetime instead of spending that in oil filters and then realizing you could have bought a purpose built suppressor..........

It's a cheap conversation piece. I would own one for that reason alone.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Suppressor baffles are restricted items. That's why you just can't pick them up at your local gun store. Basically if you damage a suppressor just call the manufacturer box everything up and send it to them, they will determine whether or not they will warranty to.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Our masters consider any "part" of a supressor to BE a supressor. Recent conviction of a guy who repaired his own can using a brass pot scrubber...They Who Must Be Obeyed testified in open court that brass pot scrubbers were supressor parts.

And the Sterling Nixon fiasco with the shoelace...yeah, these guys have only America's best interests at heart.

Alex

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Last time I checked, David Koresh had a bunch of stolen military weapons from a National Guard depot stockpiled in his compound and they burned themselves to death when the BATFE started their raid.

LOL. So the stolen weapons turned to dust in the fire? If not, where are they?

Also, the standoff lasted 50 days, so no, they didn't burn themselves to death when the raid started. It's obvious the fire was caused by the tear gas used in the buildings as many of the autopsies showed death by cyanide poisoning rather than burning to death.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Not true. All the weapons they had turned out to be legal. No full auto weapons. Turns out they were using "hellfire" devices, and the raid was all for nothing. CF.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    So I'm looking at diagrams of oil filters (never actually seen the inside of one) and I'm not seeing much that makes this thing look like a very good silencer compared to the real thing.

Maybe if they made an adapter for small engine mufflers it would work better. Hell, even an adapter for a soda bottle full of steel wool. Anyone have any experience using one of these legally? How well do they work?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    LOL. So the stolen weapons turned to dust in the fire? If not, where are they?

Also, the standoff lasted 50 days, so no, they didn't burn themselves to death when the raid started. It's obvious the fire was caused by the tear gas used in the buildings as many of the autopsies showed death by cyanide poisoning rather than burning to death.

I meant the final raid, not initial, but the point's moot, anyways. I don't have any desire to debate the actions of a pedophile polygamist cult leader with delusions of being God.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I can see this adapter being something I would make to junk drawer in my garage in case I ever need it to couple two off-sized pipes together. But then again, that is something that I would do on occasion naturally so it would be overlooked pretty easy in my junk drawer. Hell, I could even just attach some pipes to it and make a contraption for use around the shop just to make it legit. Then, if SHTF and we just fall into an all out anarchy-well...there it is. Just make sure to keep a nice supply of oil filters for my blazer in the shop at the same time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom