• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Manchester, Connecticut Shooting.: Several Dead; Omar Thornton Identified As Shooter - Courant.com

Thornton shot a number of people and then shot himself with a .223 caliber semiautomatic rifle as police approached and is dead, sources said. Two people were shot outside the building and five were shot inside, police sources said.

It couldn't have been any of these guns he used.. They are banned in Connecticut.

Algimec Agmi Armalite AR-180 Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol Auto-Ordnance Thompson type Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1 Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 Colt AR-15 and Sporter Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2 Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45 Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC FAMAS MAS 223 Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT Federal XC-900 and XC-450 Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12 Galil AR and ARM Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89 Holmes MP-83 MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000 Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only Scarab Skorpion SIG 57 AMT and 500 series Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3 Sterling MK-6 and MK-7 Steyr AUG Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol Weaver Arms Nighthawk Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol
    or
    A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon may be rapidly assembed if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

• Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semi-automatic or burst fire at the option of the user;
    • Any of a list of specified semi-automatic firearms (click here to view the list);
    • Any semi-automatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
      • A folding or telescoping stock;
      • A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
      • A bayonet mount;
      • A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
      • A grenade launcher;
    • A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
      • An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
      • A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
      • A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
      • A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
      • A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; or

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    So did the guy in Connecticut shoot himself in the head? The story I heard and this one didn't give much detail.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    " Eight people were killed in various parts of the facility, Police Chief Marc Montminy said, and one shot may have been fired outside.
    "There were clearly some performance issues," Montminy said. "

LOL WUT?

also i love the term "high powered rifle"

wtf is a high powered rifle?

i mean a .22 is dangerous to 2 and half miles... thats a lot of power right?

when i think high powered rifle, im thinking those 5 1/2 inch naval guns...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    F_CK CONNECTICUT and any dipsh-t whom decides to live in a state that intentionally makes it INSANELY harder for you to protect yourself!!!! no sympathy here!! for anyone of them should have been prepared......

I wouldn't say no sympathy here, Skeeter. These were just people who were trying to go to work to support their families. They didn't deserve to be shot simply for living in Connecticut. Most people consider Connecticut a pretty safe place to live and raise a family. :)

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    . They didn't deserve to be shot simply for living in Connecticut.
    who said anything about them deserving to be shot?? i simply said i have no sympathy for them. when my family and i are out and about iam armed end of story. and i can assure you if some MORON decided to open fire at the restaurant we were eating at or at work, he'd get dropped or i'd at least die trying. the fact none of those people shot in Connecticut were armed is their own damn fault!! this isnt the same "Ozzy and Harriet" times we used to enjoy!! so one MUST at all costs protect his family/self. and if living in CT. makes it harder to do, why live there??????

E

elsancudo

Guns are NOT the issue. The moral deterioration in this nation IS the issue. I have been wrongfully treated by supervisors in several jobs, not just one and don't feel the need to shoot the place up. God will settle all of those accounts. What is especially galling is that the family immediately played the race card and tried to make it look like he had been harassed to the breaking point. In reality, he was a common thief, got caught and was livid that he was going to lose his cushy job with free beer he felt someone "owed" him. His family should be punished for pulling the race card.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Having owned businesses, I can tell ya I would fire a white guy for stealing just as fast as I would a black or hispanic.

Ever notice how these "mass shootings" using "assalt weapons" and "high powered rifles" never seem to happen at a shooting range? Seems to me they only happen where the general population is prohibited from having a firearm...like a school, or a state with very tight gun laws to "protect" the average citizen from those "evil guns". Wen will we learn that guns don't kill but people do...especially when they know that the chances of any law abiding citizen having a firearm to defend themsleves with is close to ZERO.

I wonder what would have happened if one of those people that were shot had pulled a gun first and shott this guy before he killed again? Bet they would be sitting in jail for protecting themselves and others.

Top Bottom