• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Many years ago, in a fit of stupidity, I sold a 93 Bronco XLT and ever since wanted another.

I now have an opportunity to buy a very nice 96 Eddie Bauer version, unmolested rig for $23K.
    Its a three owner and has had recent engine and transmission rework.
    Current owner claims they were completly rebuilt, but has no paperwork to back that up.
    I do see new appearing radius arm bushings and new cotter pins on the front suspension pieces.
    Truck does run nice and is amazingly clean. Paint is not original, but the interior does appear to be.

No spare tire, could use a set of BFGs and the trim piece covering the seam surrounding the removable roof is missing.
    That's the only negatives I can see.

I've been looking at ads for the last couple years and rough ones go for $10K and drivers in the high teens.
    I think this one is better than average and well into good range, if looking at Edmunds and Hagerty.

So these rigs appear to be rising in value and approaching stupid money. Does that sound like a sound assessment?

Not sure what I would use it for ... certainly not trail rides or long trips.
    But it appears this is an opportunity ti flip it at some point and maybe make a few Dinars.
    Gun Zone Deals

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    My boss has a 1993 4WD 2-door GMC Yukon he's trying to sell. Same kinda deal. He wants what it was new almost but it hasn't been painted and is still shiny.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    User car prices are stupid right now and while it will have value, I'm not sure it's a good investment versus 1 or 2 years from now. Considering Carmax will give me 39k for my low mileage 3yo vehicle that msrp'd at 42k (no new inventory now) and my daughter sold them her 3yo unappealing Tiguan with 40k miles for 20k when it msrp'd at 24k are examples. Yes, the old Broncos will stay in demand afterwards but that seems overpriced.

The other side, if it's in good shape and want you really want...buy it and enjoy it. Just don't expect to sell for more than you bought in a few years.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wants and needs was something I always considered when laying down major money.

I have a good friend that bought his brothers Suburban a few yeas back. He bought it for less then his brother had in to it. IIRC his brother had a new motor & the A/C fixed. Inside & out it was very clean. He started bitching about fuel cost right away. Then it needed a transmission. He ended up selling it at a profit. Shortly afterwards he was regretting selling it.

He wanted the room for when he drove his parents around or if he had his kids. Then again this guy is vehicle crazy. Everyone that knows him including his brother & father question his vehicle buying.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I regret selling my 79...

The relative value of good used cars has climbed quite a bit in the past ten years, and I suspect it will continue to increase until gas stations become a rarity. Also 90s stuff is hitting peak nostalgia right now.

There will be dips along the way, though... We're working on a pretty good crash right now, so I'd give it a year or two to buy whatever you want during the next big sell off.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Car prices are why I’m not getting rid of my diesel Colorado. It’s a good runner. I’m not about to buy someone else’s high mileage pos. I’m very particular on maintenance and most people on the road can’t do a lane change without being a tard.

What’s going on will crash. It always will. It’s just going to crash harder than normal. I would never pay that much for a bronco for that year.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The vehicle marked is hugely inflated at the moment. I don't see it being able to sustain the prices people are asking (15+ year old Jeeps at more than they were new!).

It's a good time to sell but a horrible one to buy.

I wouldn't purchase a vehicle right now unless it was absolutely necessary, and I sure as hell wouldn't spend $23K on a 26-year-old Ford Bronco even if it was showroom shape with zero miles on it!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The vehicle marked is hugely inflated at the moment. I don't see it being able to sustain the prices people are asking (15+ year old Jeeps at more than they were new!).

It's a good time to sell but a horrible one to buy.

I wouldn't purchase a vehicle right now unless it was absolutely necessary, and I sure as hell wouldn't spend $23K on a 26-year-old Ford Bronco even if it was showroom shape with zero miles on it!
    Tell me about it. We are forced by circumstances having to buy a replacement car for the wife because her's was totaled in an accident. Waiting on the other driver's insurance to settle right now.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Tell me about it. We are forced by circumstances having to buy a replacement car for the wife because her's was totaled in an accident. Waiting on the other driver's insurance to settle right now.

Compare their settlement offer against the current asking prices for a similarly equipped version, there may well be a significant gap. If so, counter the offer with support.

Top Bottom