• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Why a rimmed cartridge? There were plenty of tube-magazine rifles made around the turn of the 20th Century that fed rimless rifle rounds....
    The savage 99 and Winchester 1895 could use rimless rifle rounds, but those had box magazines.

You need a large rim for the cartridge stops to work. If the rim doesn't extend past the actual cartridge, the interruptor would have to drag all along the wall of the cartridge, scrapping off brass and increasing friction.

I believe South Africa converted some 1892's to .45 acp, everything I've read says they run like crap and like to spit out live rounds

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I will never live in the Commie states, so I have no need for a 9mm lever action. 9mm carbines are readily available. I’m partial to the Beretta.

1704986333555.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
      IMG_2320.jpeg
      571.1 KB · Views: 15

TexaSOT

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2023
    Arlington, Tx
    I cannot lie (I mean, I can, but not about this) - I want a 9mm lever gun, but this is fugly and not what I had in mind. I was thinking more like a classic Winchester or Marlin lever gun, but in 9mm so shooting is more affordable and the round is still potent enough for serious work. 9mm in a 16 inch rifle barrel, esp if shooting NATO spec stuff, is plenty to kill a deer (especially a Texas deer that are only a little bigger than a German Shepard dog), plenty to kill a human, and waaaaaaaaay more than plenty to kill squirrels with.

Suppressing would be easy and lots of 9mm cans to chose from.

They'd be fun as hell

This looks like whoever designed it spent some time around George Kellgren and Pablo Escobar.
    This was my thoughts exactly. Just like a 44mag lever gun, but in 9mm to be a little more economic. I didn't even think about suppressing it though, good points!

Poohgyrr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2019
    South Central Texas
    I expect the main advantage, if it shoots, would be how much 9mm ammo is out there. But, a Lever in any of the normal 35calibers makes better sense. Savage makes a box mag in the M99. Anyone else remember when 38 brass was dirt cheap? Lasts forever and can be loaded more powerful than 9X19. And we have 357Magnum brass. Then the 35 caliber rifle rounds.

I like Levers, but they need to be reliable, and not look fugly…. :)

Top Bottom