• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Casper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2015
    Forney,Tx
    Been on the site for a while and made a few posts figured it was time to do the introduction. Moved to Forney (East side of the Metroplex) last May when my company transferred me from Calgary,Canada. So far love Texas and Dallas and don't see that changing any time soon. As most of you know Canada is not a big place for handguns, Shotguns and rifles no problem but Handgun use is a bit more restrictive. 2 things I wanted to cross of my bucket list where Cowboys season tickets ( Check) and being able to own a handgun. Came across this site in researching gun laws in the state and have to say the wealth of knowledge and the attitude of people on here is outstanding. As I have never owned a handgun before I read a ton of the postings on here and it has helped me immensely,and as of 2 weeks ago I am the proud owner of an HK VP9 and already have over 1000 rounds through it. Definitely want to try competitive shooting just not sure where to start but lots of research ahead for that.

Found a great range out here which I will post a review of and even my wife is enjoying target shooting and range time ( She's from New Zealand which has even tougher gun laws) . Met a ton of great people that have no problem answering the FNG questions. Attended my First Gun Show this week end at Big Town in Mesquite i think I spent 5 hours there and i definitely know it won't be my last handgun after that, Already looking for a separate gun for my wife as the VP9 is a little bit big for her maybe a .380 as our neighbors wife said it is the caliber she prefers,who knows so much stuff out there. Not sure if we will ever get CHL but you never know. Any other info or sites any one thinks would help me learn I would gladly welcome
    Anyways just wanted to Say Hi and happy to be a member of the best Gun Board in the State.

Casper
    Lynx Defense

Barney_Fife

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Can you take me 'gator hunting? In one of those boats with a propeller on the back, like what they had in "Gentle Ben"? I heard 'gator tastes like chicken. Mmm... BBQ gator. I have some mesquite and a shotgun, a .22 and a couple other ka-boom-booms of doom-doom. Gator burgers, gator stir fry, gator gumbo, gator meatballs and gravy, gator fricassee....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Welcome! Had a buddy who was in the Canadian Air Force stationed here in San Antonio a few years back. He loved to shoot as well. He went back to Canada but couldn't take his guns, I think he still keeps them stashed somewhere here in the States.

I have met and worked with a lot of Canadians during my several tours in NATO, always enjoyed the experience and all my brief trips to your country have been great! I hope to get back and see more of the place one day!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom