• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goodfellas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    San Antonio
    I know everyone likes the 10/22 but for some reason I just like shooting bolt guns. Im looking to pick up a nice little Bolt action 22 and would like some suggestions.
    Texas SOT

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Savage, CZ, Ruger and some others make good bolt action .22s Mostly it is what your pocket book can stand.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just picked up a Polish Wz48, a bolt-action, single shot .22 trainer for the Mosin Nagant!

I've been saving my spare change to pick up a Savage Mark II F, we have a 64 FXP semi-auto that is a fun little shooter and I'd like to get it's bolt-action brother as a companion.

However, since my bad experience with a GSG-5 my desire to mess with any .22LR has been nil. Hopefully that's wear off soon as it's great inexpensive shooting!

Cheers! M2

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    I've been looking at the same thing and have been told the CZ 452 is the best priced/ most accurate an rifle around. This is coming from guys that are 22 nuts.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    CZ rifles are some of the best I've encountered. I don't have a .22 LR but I've got the 527 7.62x39 carbine with the set trigger and it's a tack driver with my handloads! For a .22 recommendation I would recommend one that can shoot ALL the .22s; long rifle, long, short, Colibri, CBs etc. Most bolt guns, lever guns, and pumps witll shoot the variety but I've never heard of a bolt that wouldn't.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    If you can find one, the classic Stephens Model 87D will shoot them all. It is an auto loader with a lockable bolt. Lock the bolt for hand cycling shorts and longs, and shot shells. I posted a photo of mine in the "Post Your Rimfire" discussion.

guy lemmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    paris texas
    i have a savage/anschutz .22 with a 3-9 burris compact. that being said, had ruger had a .22 /77 bolt gun out then i would not have bought a foreign gun.
    had kimber had a .22 bolt gun out the same applies.
    i have a 1922 springfield armory mark 2 competition target .22 but it is kinda heavy to carry out in the woods(besides being mainly mint).
    i also have a winchester 74 semi-auto....
    but i refuse to drill it for scope mounts. it is mint and collectible...prewar i think.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Another vote for the CZ 452 if you can't find one of those the 453 American is another good choice. I have a Savage Mark II in a laminate stock that is an excellent shooter but is not quite as good as the CZ.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ive got a mossberg that is super awesome

ten shot repeating bolt action.

texdot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Palestine
    As said there are many to chose from,I have a Marlin 25,but I would suggest something without a mag. It is too easy to lose a mag
    and then your day is over,and personally I think a .22 w/o a mag looks better.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah,
    that is true, but it is super easy to load single shot style.

i dot his with the crimped shotshells cause they scratch up the feeding ramp when you load from the mag.

tallyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Colorado
    I have two bolt action .22 rifles which I can highly recommend.

My absolute favorite is a Savage-Anschutz Model 141 sporter. It is a precision rifle and is as accurate as a target rifle. Ironically it favors CCI Blazer ammo.

My second favorite (used to be number 1 before I found the Savage-Anschutz) is a Winchester Model 69A - also extremely accurate with a crisp trigger pull. This rifle favors Winchester Super-X ammo and absolutely despises Remington ammo.

Both of these rifles have been out of production for many years but are still to be found at gun shows and gun shops.

Top Bottom