• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dovii4ever

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Waco
    Everyday for the past 3 months I have walked to my local corner store which is about a mile a way to get my paper and with some dietary changes I have lost over 25 pounds. Now how to keep it off....:confused:
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hell, I got a range in my back yard and trying to find alternatives to walking out there and having to walk back and forth to change targets.

I blame it on getting old.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Now how to keep it off....:confused:

th?id=H.4967431274890604&pid=1.jpg

Congrats, just keep walking.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Everyday for the past 3 months I have walked to my local corner store which is about a mile a way to get my paper and with some dietary changes I have lost over 25 pounds. Now how to keep it off....:confused:

walking makes a big difference, I have a 5 mile route I do each day, with uphill & downhill. Dietary changes will help keep it off, one of the changes I had to make.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Even a little exercise, done consistently, can make a huge difference. It affects how your body processes glucose. Particularly valuable for those of us with Type II diabetes.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The wife and I are fortunate that we haven't had to fight the weight battle too much but we walk 2.5 miles after dinner at least 5 nights a week and it makes a huge difference in how we feel. More energy, I don't get winded as much at work walking around sites(construction inspector), and just feel better all around. My wife is pregnant with our second child and she is 10#s lighter than she was with our first and the only change is walking at night and most mornings she goes walking too.

Maybe its just psychological but we switched to eating fresh vegetables instead of canned goods and besides them fresh stuff tasting a million times better, I think that has something to with my in general feeling healthier. It costs about double to eat like that but IMO its a small investment to feel much better and its a ton more healthy to not ingest all the preservatives. If you cant do fresh produce at least get frozen, they have less preservatives than their canned counterparts.

Also stick with the big name brand milks like Bordens that don't have all the bovine growth hormone BS in them. The bgh and antibiotics they inject into cows has be proven to be a carcinogen.

With just a few small changes to your eating habits and moderate exercise you can be in a lot better health. I think a lot of people have the misconception that you need to run a marathon every day for exercise but just a couple miles of walking at a normal pace does a lot. We don't power walk, just mosey on along and talk about whatever. Its also helped out 8 month old german shepherd chill out quite a bit plus the time together without any distraction is nice.

japago4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2013
    Walking is good, but I've found that a good gym quality elliptical machine works wonders. It's low impact and I don't have to dodge cars.

Top Bottom