• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmitch300wby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    San Antonio
    Welcome to Texas! Couple of things you may want to know, you won’t need a parka or other arctic survival gear here and Dr. Pepper is our national drink.
    I did need a light coat a couple times this "winter" but that was it. I grew up on Dr. Pepper so very use to that. Still my go to soda.

bmitch300wby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    San Antonio
    Welcome to TGT & to the Gulf South.

One caveat: When you see folks showing you one finger over their steering wheel in crossing traffic; it is the “Texas Hi Sign”, a unique form of friendly greeting; they’re not shooting you the “bird”.
    I'll keep that in mind. I've been known to "wave" the same way.

bmitch300wby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    San Antonio
    Thank you all for the warm Texas welcomes. I must say, I'm really beginning to like Texas. Most of the people I've met here are very similar to folks I knew in Wyoming.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    This may or may not, be you after meeting some of us the members in person.

287435183_10228333211586182_5049853898046744471_n.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    New to Texas/ San Antonio, however I married a native Texan (does that count at all?). Came here from Wyoming, and Alaska, Idaho, and Montana before that, so quite a change geographically, however happy to be going from one red state to another. Looking forward to diving into the gun culture here. So far liking it much more than I expected.

Howdy, and welcome! I lived in Idaho back in the mid-80s and have always wanted to go back. I also spent some time up around Anchorage and while it's beautiful, there's some strange stuff going on up there that makes me a bit uneasy. Our hosts claim that 90% of those in the witness protection program end up in Alaska. I'd gladly go back to visit, but I'm not too sure about actually living there!

I hope you can adjust to the summers here, and like hot weather! Texas is a great state once you acclimate to the summer temps. I prefer it over freezing weather, which hasn't been the case most of my life having spent a lot of time in Europe.

Otherwise, please help us maintain the "redness" of Texas. There is a valid threat to that mindset thanks to the large metro areas and the influx of transplants from blue states. But like 188 years ago today (the first day of the Battle of the Alamo), Texans are always up for a good fight and will do so to the last man!

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Welcome to the forum and the state. I don’t seem to see any red flags with where you’ve lived previously, so carry on lol

bmitch300wby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    San Antonio
    Howdy, and welcome! I lived in Idaho back in the mid-80s and have always wanted to go back. I also spent some time up around Anchorage and while it's beautiful, there's some strange stuff going on up there that makes me a bit uneasy. Our hosts claim that 90% of those in the witness protection program end up in Alaska. I'd gladly go back to visit, but I'm not too sure about actually living there!

I hope you can adjust to the summers here, and like hot weather! Texas is a great state once you acclimate to the summer temps. I prefer it over freezing weather, which hasn't been the case most of my life having spent a lot of time in Europe.

Otherwise, please help us maintain the "redness" of Texas. There is a valid threat to that mindset thanks to the large metro areas and the influx of transplants from blue states. But like 188 years ago today (the first day of the Battle of the Alamo), Texans are always up for a good fight and will do so to the last man!
    Thank you much. I am really surprised how much I like it here. I do miss the mountains though. Hopefully I will get use the heat.

Everywhere else I've been has been under the threat of the liberal influx. They have ruined North Idaho. Suing to close down shooting ranges I hear. There are groups in Wyoming and Montana trying to change the political landscapes to turn it into what they left in California. I do not understand it all.

I am starting to truly understand the "Don't mess with Texas" mindset. I'll stand beside y'all to keep it red here.

Top Bottom