A place to shoot in Austin?

SiNNiK

Mar 26, 2008
Austin, Tx.
Hey Y'all, I picked up a shotgun a couple months ago and would like to find a place I could go to and shoot something else besides 7 1/2 birdshot or slugs.

I went out to the Trap and Skeet range off of Decker (those guys and gals are #1!) and they let me shoot their pattern board for free, as long as I used 7 1/2 shot. It was great to get some rounds through it, but I want to shoot some 00 this time.

Red's will let me shoot a shotgun there, if I use slugs. I just can't justify gettin in the car, driving there, renting a lane and whatnot just to shoot a few slugs. I don't think I could afford very many, and even though the Benelli has a ComforTech stock, I'm not sure how long I'd last with slugs.

So anyone know of a range that doesn't mind 00 and the like? Or maybe someone with private property up in North Austin/Cedar Park area? I just want to plink.

sti45

Feb 28, 2008
Another one The Rusty Spur Shooting Range, north on hwy.29 about six mi. past Bertram on right 4 mi east of Burnet. Nice people well kept.25,50 and 100 yd.Phone 715 9303 or 512-715-0899.

Southcross1

Jul 1, 2008
Dang...I can't think of the name but there is a range on the north west side of Austin.

Nevermind, They really ain't that good of a range.

Flash Ninja

Jul 14, 2008
Austin, TX
Eagle Peak will let you shoot what ever you want with your Shotgun. There is a special shotgun range next to the Clay area they let me use before to test out different loads.

http://www.eaglepeakshootingrange.com/epsr.htm

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads