Venture Surplus ad

A Premiere promoted Gun Show is in The Woodlands this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I think the powders were running $45/lb for most all of versions. Normal price is like $22.

wholy shite. 45/lb = rape job = reason why they have them. truth be told normal price $22/lb = last year's price. All powder manufacturers raised prices 10% for 2015. 10% wholesale plus the hard to find effect of 5% (small shipments) means pistol powders are $24 to $29 /lb and premium rifle powders are $26 to $31/lb. Everything over that is gouging IMO.
    Hurley's Gold

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Went Sunday about 1:00. As usual, parking was a goat fornification. Purpose was to check out some sights for a 10/22 build. Not impressed with selections or prices. Lots of cheaper sights and some more expensive Eotechs. Didn’t see any reason to spend big bucks for a beer can killer. May just mount up a scope I’ve got laying around. Bonus was learning a new “tacticool” term. Overheard an “operator” saying an aftermarket stock for a Ruger Mini 14 was “sterile” because it had no manufacturer’s markings on it. Apparently that means it came from one of our military special operations teams. Learn something new every day. Be “sterile” my friends.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Went with a buddy around 1:00pm on Saturday. Saw a few good or average deals, saw a lot of bad deals. Seemed to be pretty good deals on Winchester shotguns. I walked out empty handed. Buddy picked up an M1 Carbine Enforcer; sadly it was made by Universal.

The days of cheap anything at gun shows are largely over. Now I just go to window shop, check out guns I'm interested in, or to find something I can't normally find.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Went Sunday about 1:00. As usual, parking was a goat fornification. Purpose was to check out some sights for a 10/22 build. Not impressed with selections or prices. Lots of cheaper sights and some more expensive Eotechs. Didn’t see any reason to spend big bucks for a beer can killer. May just mount up a scope I’ve got laying around. Bonus was learning a new “tacticool” term. Overheard an “operator” saying an aftermarket stock for a Ruger Mini 14 was “sterile” because it had no manufacturer’s markings on it. Apparently that means it came from one of our military special operations teams. Learn something new every day. Be “sterile” my friends.

lmfao. i'll try. hopefully that little snip snip surgery 10 years back still holds.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    I wanted to go but ended up in the 24hr emergency room Friday morning (3a-5a). Ended up having a stomach virus that I'd only wish on ISIS. Did they mention when it would be returning to The Woodlands?

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    I wanted to go but ended up in the 24hr emergency room Friday morning (3a-5a). Ended up having a stomach virus that I'd only wish on ISIS. Did they mention when it would be returning to The Woodlands?

They'll be back two more times this year:

• Jul 11th - 12th, 2015
    • Oct 31st - Nov 1st, 2015

Top Bottom