• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I suspected what we are now seeing would happen. Maybe not so much a shortage (or none-age), but pricesskyrocketing.
    So over the past few years I would order ammo I needed and add 20% or so to the order. Over time, I've been able to build a decent cache.

I've been reading about how ammo is gone and saw it first hand at my local gun store. Madness.

But there are those who didn't store up for a rainy day and I have some I could share.

But the expectation is I sell it at 2010 prices.

I'll sell it for what it'll take to replace it at 2013 prices otherwise I'll keep it and shoot it and those guys can sit at home and watch Oprah.
    I've had some rather nasty e-mail conversations with folks.

Hind sight being 20/20, I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Am I wrong?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I think you should sell it for whatever number of $$ that you and the buyer agree to use for the trade.

I don't actually know anyone, that owns a gun, but doesn't have any ammo. Therefore, my suspicion is that most people are buying ammo so that they will have MORE of it. Hence, they will end up paying today's price for ammo today, tomorrow's price for ammo tomorrow. If I knew someone that had just bought their first gun, and therefore had no ammo.....I would probably just give them a box so they would be able load it. Friends and family discounts......all my friends and family have ammo.

I suspect the biggest reason that ammo is gone is that a lot of opportunists have bought it all, with the intent of selling at a large profit.........and those with any left are simply maximizing profit margin.

The market will dictate the price. There is no logical reason for an ammo shortage.......absolutely nobody has proposed to ban ammo. This is temporary.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    No telling how bad this mess could get. The same government that happily sold guns to Mexican cartels is going to make a pass at crushing the gun business in America, and they put Joe Biden at the helm. (Presumably, Moe, Larry, and Curly Joe were otherwise occupied.)

I say sit on the ammo. You'll need it sooner or later.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Not saying anything would have been the wise move. Since they were such a Richard about ti, if things change and they want to buy it at today's prices, you should find an old price gun somewhere and mark all the boxes $4.99 or something just to rile their feathers.

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Save everything you have. Or charge current fair market value / replacement +25% since you do not know when that caliber or type of round will be available again or at what price.

It isn't profiteering in my eyes when you only charge what you think it will cost you in the future to replace that which you sold.

Radioman

Top Bottom