• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Sounds like he had tx legal shield. If so here's an example of someone using their service and it's outcome. Always see folks saying they want to see past cases handled by them. Well here's one.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just because someone sees a scary "black gun" doesn't mean it was meant to alarm anyone. I like the "BS" the DA was trying to spin, "We lost some of the evidence because it's been so long", as if they would have changed the outcome.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Sounds like he had tx legal shield. If so here's an example of someone using their service and it's outcome. Always see folks saying they want to see past cases handled by them. Well here's one.

His lawyer is part of a Houston law firm specializing in weapons related cases...they have no connection with TX Legal Shield...so they have no credit because of this case. Nothing in the story suggests that the defendant was a client of TX Legal Shield. Great outcome, though. The DA should have to pay his lawyer's bill!

Last edited:

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Just because someone sees a scary "black gun" doesn't mean it was meant to alarm anyone. I like the "BS" the DA was trying to spin, "We lost some of the evidence because it's been so long", as if they would have changed the outcome.

Yep, like if he'd had recordings of 12 hysterical ninnies, that would have been more weighty than just one.
    Public opinion/reaction isn't one of the elements of the case. What the actor DID or DIDN'T do is. The DA had a BS case and knew it.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I agree with all the statements! Also, it's funny that the only "no guns" signs they put up at the mall were 30.06 and 30.07 which have zero legal bearing on long guns!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    His lawyer is part of a Houston law firm specializing in weapons related cases...they have no connection with TX Legal Shield...so they have no credit because of this case.

Edwin Walker is the Lawyer in just about every TXLS video I have ever seen. I would say there is some sort of a connection.

Also, I highly doubt you are ever going to hear such a program mentioned in an article like this as they have nothing to do with the case once its assigned to one of the programs lawyers. No one is represented by XYZ legal program.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    His lawyer is part of a Houston law firm specializing in weapons related cases...they have no connection with TX Legal Shield...so they have no credit because of this case. Nothing in the story suggests that the defendant was a client of TX Legal Shield. Great outcome, though. The DA should have to pay his lawyer's bill!
    I don't know who Texas Legal Shield is, but Edwin Walker is a principle of Texas Law Shield. If the guy was a member then he had no lawyer bill

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    I don't know anything about any of the protection plans...but, after reading the whole story posted by the OP, and seeing no reference made to any "shield" at all, I googled the attorney's name...found what firm he's a named partner in, and looked at their website-no reference to any "shield." They do show a lot of gun-related experience. I then called the number of the firm on the website and asked them if they had a connection to Texas Legal Shield or were they an independent law firm...she told me that they had no connection to anyone, that they were a legal firm. She was affable and friendly, not hostile.

So, having done due diligence, I posted my post. If the lady in their office lied, then maybe I'm not surprised---after all, it IS a lawyer's office.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    When I called the same phone number for the law firm as is listed for TLS, and asked if they are affiliated with "Texas Legal Shield", and congratulate them for the win on the above case, even with the fact that one word in the title was wrong Ishould have gotten a "yes" answer. She clearly knew what I was referring to-the fact that I had the name wrong was not important. She claimed the win for the firm, but denied the affiliation with "Texas Legal Shield" and said they were an attorney's office.

If you own two companies and they not be connected, I doubt you'd use the same phone number and yet answer in the name of only one company, and deny the other.

I pay quite close attention...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    When I called the same phone number for the law firm as is listed for TLS, and asked if they are affiliated with "Texas Legal Shield", and congratulate them for the win on the above case, even with the fact that one word in the title was wrong Ishould have gotten a "yes" answer. She clearly knew what I was referring to-the fact that I had the name wrong was not important. She claimed the win for the firm, but denied the affiliation with "Texas Legal Shield" and said they were an attorney's office.

If you own two companies and they not be connected, I doubt you'd use the same phone number and yet answer in the name of only one company, and deny the other.

You argue with street signs and end up taking the wrong roads, don't You?

Jesus, you give me a f ucking headache

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Well, bless your heart...I hope it gets all better.
    I follow street signs quite well, too...if they're the correct signs.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Keep in mind that there exist a company actually called Legal Shield as well, in which case she was correct, they have no affiliation to.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Keep in mind that there exist a company actually called Legal Shield as well, in which case she was correct, they have no affiliation to.
    I didn't know about any of them so I was trying to root out the facts. She could have told me I'd reached a lawyer's firm and that their Texas Law Shield used the same phone number and offices...but she didn't...so on we go.

Top Bottom