• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I've owned my house for over a year now. It was a rental until a few months before I bought.

Holding the envelope from the DPS up to a strong light its easy to see the outline of the shape of TX embedded in the plastic, and looking at who it is addressed to along with some google'ing of the name shows that it contains a DL for a guy who was renting the house until about 18 months ago.

I thought when your DL expired you had to send in some money (and it would be smart to include a current address).

I sent it back to the DPS marked "not at this address".

Any ideas why the DPS would send a DL to the wrong address ?
    Venture Surplus ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That is odd. Renewals require payment and so do address changes. I wonder if the guy applied for a new license/ address change and there was a mix up.

Maybe he is pulling something. Watch your mailbox. He may have hoped to intercept it and is wanting to keep your address.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My thought, I have known people to do just that. Even ask for the current resident to let them know when it came in. Give them a sob story. Mostly people trying to hide.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I'm also thinking something fishy may be going on.

We have the commonly seen community mailbox array with individual keys. I did have to get keys from the post office back when I moved in but would not be surprised if it is the same box the previous user had.

Of course my main worry is the cops knock the front door down some late night looking for someone they are sure is here.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'm also thinking something fishy may be going on.

We have the commonly seen community mailbox array with individual keys. I did have to get keys from the post office back when I moved in but would not be surprised if it is the same box the previous user had.

Of course my main worry is the cops knock the front door down some late night looking for someone they are sure is here.

Tell the PO you suspect mail fraud and want the box re-keyed.

Eli

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Didn't think of that. Might not hurt to let DPS drivers license office know they possibly gave a false address and that they don't live there.
    Stepdaughter's boyfriend gave my address when he got arrested. Next time the cops were looking for him, they sent swat to my house. Even after we told them he had never lived here and would be shot for even being on the property, they kept coming back. Like to never got it removed from his files. Still not absolutely sure.

Top Bottom