• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    1.jpg

Ol' Trusty with my new Tirant. It's a great can, lightweight and effective.
    Venture Surplus ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Nice! Can't beat a nice quiet "working" gun! I wonder what effect the length of guide rod/barrel has on the cycling reliability of a semi-auto pisto with a can on itl? Would longer or shorted be more reliable? (pardon the slight thread drift please). In other words, would a Glock with a short barrel function a reliabily as a longer barrelled Glock with the same can on it? Just curious.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Slide isn't that loud ... the gun is worn down to polished reciprocating bits so it's really smooth. The piston in the can makes alot of noise though.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hmm, interesting. I never noticed that before about your G19 Alan. My G17 has an almost identical wear mark on the slide, at an angle like that and everything. That's odd? Oh well, I personally think wear like that makes a gun look GOOD. ;)

My G17 Lone Wolf barrel was just fine and locked up perfectly. Alan's, on the other hand, was out of spec and wouldn't lock up properly. That's the nice thing about factory threaded barrels, you can almost guarantee they are going to be in spec and perfect. I think I hear your G19 calling for one Alan. ;)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Hmm, interesting. I never noticed that before about your G19 Alan. My G17 has an almost identical wear mark on the slide, at an angle like that and everything. That's odd? Oh well, I personally think wear like that makes a gun look GOOD. ;)

My G17 Lone Wolf barrel was just fine and locked up perfectly. Alan's, on the other hand, was out of spec and wouldn't lock up properly. That's the nice thing about factory threaded barrels, you can almost guarantee they are going to be in spec and perfect. I think I hear your G19 calling for one Alan. ;)
    Glock makes factory threaded barrels?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Going to be hard to choke $265 + $65 for a new piston, but at least I know it will work.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

The light hit it just right when I took the picture. It's from the SERPA holster and all the red dirt I got in it from hunting.

Top Bottom