Abbott deploying national guard for election day

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
The more research I do the more this story, originally run by San Antonio Express-News somethings about it smell funny.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I don't think it's intentional means of voter intimidation, but as Todd said yesterday, some voters may feel intimidated, and some may feel motivated by their presence being deployed.

Does sound like an accurate assessment to me.
Being intimidated because some TXNG guys are somewhere in the area is extremely irrational. We should not base logical decisions on irrational fears.

Nothing about this smells in the slightest way like voter intimidation or any other kind of nefarious plot. It smells like Abbot doesn’t want to see Texas cities burning because the Antifatards lose their shit if they don’t get what they want on ejection night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
I have to agree with Todd and how he said it. For some voters, they might see it as intimidation, while for some voters, motivation.

And I'm sure some of the left leaning radicals may try to present such a deployment as voter intimidation. The like to say rioting and looting are peaceful protesting too!
Being intimidated because some TXNG guys are somewhere in the area is extremely irrational. We should not base logical decisions on irrational fears.

Nothing about this smells in the slightest way like voter intimidation or any other kind of nefarious plot. It smells like Abbot doesn’t want to see Texas cities burning because the Antifatards lose their shit if they don’t get what they want on ejection night.

Some will chose to feel intimidated no matter what anyone says or does. Some bitch about a free steak dinner to.
What nobody has bothered to mention. What if Abbott is just not talking about some plausible threats exactly so people won't be intimidated by them and just wants to be ready?
Kind of makes you wonder.......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!

I never said it was voter intimidation, but some may think if they are deployed, might think it was a form of voter intimidation. There is huge difference. Something actually happening, and some thinking something that never existed in any way.

In no way do I consider deploying TNG as a deterrent to violent riots in any way voter intimidation. I understand the reasoning or thought process as to why.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I never said it was voter intimidation, but some may think if they are deployed, might think it was a form of voter intimidation. There is huge difference. Something actually happening, and some thinking something that never existed in any way.

In no way do I consider deploying TNG as a deterrent to violent riots in any way voter intimidation. I understand the reasoning or thought process as to why.
Enlighten me.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Gov. Abbott says state may deploy National Guard to address protests but they won't be at the polls

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member