Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I dont see it that way
    Those boys had clean records before this
    They weren't into starting trouble

The crazy assed dead guy was a walking terror
    Multiple arrest, terroristic threats, hell the mail man wouldn't even come to his house any more for fear of body injury

That guy needed killing

No, he didn't, he didn't do anything wrong and was murdered in a public area by 2 psychotic losers that intended to kill him for the 'crime' of putting trash in the area trash was supposed to be put in. They instigated the situation, they escalated the situation, they murdered a man, and they're more than likely going to prison for it - as they should!
    This is not a case of Defense of Property, nor Defense of Self, nor Defense of Others; these two instigated a situation, saw fit to arm themselves, repeatedly escalated the situation with an unarmed man, then murdered him.

But they will do serious time for the same reason North is doing over David shooting....They could have walked away but instead opted to push the conflict!

I had to look this one up, it's worth a read: https://law.justia.com/cases/texas/eleventh-court-of-appeals/2014/11-11-00338-cr.html
    Long story short, per witness testimony and court documents:
    Idiots in 2 vehicles get road ragey.
    Vehicles stop at a light, North ahead of David.
    North exits the vehicle, moves aggressively towards David.
    David exits the vehicle with a pistol, orders North to return to his truck and leave.
    North returns to his truck, then puts it in Reverse, rams the Mustang being driven by David, and 'pushed it some 172 feet' rearwards.
    North exits his truck, walks up to the driver's door, and calmly executes David with a shot to the head.
    North returns to his truck, puts his pistol down, lights a cigarette, and starts claiming David pulled a pistol and it was self-defense.

Eli

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Long story short, per witness testimony and court documents:
    Idiots in 2 vehicles get road ragey.
    Vehicles stop at a light, North ahead of David.
    North exits the vehicle, moves aggressively towards David.
    David exits the vehicle with a pistol, orders North to return to his truck and leave.
    North returns to his truck, then puts it in Reverse, rams the Mustang being driven by David, and 'pushed it some 172 feet' rearwards.
    North exits his truck, walks up to the driver's door, and calmly executes David with a shot to the head.
    North returns to his truck, puts his pistol down, lights a cigarette, and starts claiming David pulled a pistol and it was self-defense.
    Wow.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

Yeah, I read some of the 'news' reports, but the murder conviction made a lot more sense after reading the court documents! In fairness, it seems that North suffered a traumatic brain injury - an ATV accident - that resulted in cognitive impairment and aggressive behavior. Nonetheless, the conviction was justified.

Eli

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No doubt the two shooters did not do themselves any favors with their theatrics and dialog.

But to the “they could have walked away” crowd, would you turn your back and walk away from someone threatening you with a baseball bat?

I doubt it.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The lady sure didn't help either:

2zztra.jpg

Attachments

• 2zztra.jpg
      2zztra.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 298

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    No doubt the two shooters did not do themselves any favors with their theatrics and dialog.

But to the “they could have walked away” crowd, would you turn your back and walk away from someone threatening you with a baseball bat?

I doubt it.

He didn't show up with a bat, but they did show up with guns. The bat was (stupidly) added to the equation.
    The 2 slobs removed trash from a dumpster and threw it in the deceased man's yard, then pulled guns on him shot him to death for objecting.
    “I’m at the dumpster. Put the gun up and go inside. You pulled a gun in front of my kids over . . . a mattress.”
    I'd remind y'all that 'stand your ground' isn't actually the law, and 'defense of self' doesn't come into play when you pull a gun on an unarmed man in a public area.

Eli

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm pretty sure his days of terrorizing his neighborhood, and threatening people are over...

He got exactly what he needed
    That Mossberg calmed him right down

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ....to the “they could have walked away” crowd, would you turn your back and walk away from someone threatening you with a baseball bat?

I doubt it.

Hell yes, I would.
    First I'd back away then I'd run.

Getting hit with a bat would change or destroy my life.
    Shooting someone swinging a bat at me would change or destroy my life.

The best "non-violent dispute resolution" is avoidance.
    A decade-plus of martial arts training, almost to 4th degree black belt, taught me that mantra to be above all other principles!

Correct action:
    Guy with pistol, while backing away saying "Let's go home, son. We don't to anger this man any longer"
    They would all still be stupid, alive and free. They might, right now, be together stuffing down triple bacon burgers at Dairy Queen.

Advice for life: Distance yourself from all crazies!!!

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I doubt it.

The bat is the thing that could get them found not guilty. The guy was obviously a lunatic with a bat.

I agree that I would have never confronted some guy about trash, so they maybe should not have been there. Especially with them knowing he was volatile.

But. Can't get past the bat. He seemed angry enough to use it, and he baited them into it. The fact that his wife / girlfriend videod the whole thing is crazy. I think it will be the juror's opinion on whether it was justified. If I was a juror, I would not find them guilty.

A bat is a deadly weapon, the guy holding the bat has a history of violence, he threatened them several times.

There is a really thin line, but I could not convict them based on the video. Maybe in court more would come out, or better explanation of the law in that situation.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    He didn't show up with a bat, but they did show up with guns. The bat was (stupidly) added to the equation.
    The 2 slobs removed trash from a dumpster and threw it in the deceased man's yard, then pulled guns on him shot him to death for objecting.
    “I’m at the dumpster. Put the gun up and go inside. You pulled a gun in front of my kids over . . . a mattress.”
    I'd remind y'all that 'stand your ground' isn't actually the law, and 'defense of self' doesn't come into play when you pull a gun on an unarmed man in a public area.

Eli

Maybe the bat was not originally in play. But at some point it was in play. You can't ignore the bat.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

I doubt it.

You can back away, thus avoiding turning your back until you have a safe distance.

Ask these two if they wished they had followed "discretion is the better part of valor".

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Maybe the bat was not originally in play. But at some point it was in play. You can't ignore the bat.

You can ignore the bat as the deceased was already the victim of aggravated assault before arming himself.
    PLEASE, REMEMBER THE FACTS:
    The father and son removed refuse from the communal dumpster and threw it in the decedent's yard.
    The decedent (naturally) verbally objected to this.
    The father reacted to this objection by confronting the decedent and pulling a pistol.
    The son armed himself with a shotgun.
    This confrontation occurred in a public area, not private property - there is no 'stand your ground' or 'self-defense' when you yourself instigate a confrontation in a public area.
    The decedent was handed a baseball bat after the father & son were visibly armed with firearms - a stupid decision - but was not armed with killed.

A bat is a deadly weapon, the guy holding the bat has a history of violence, he threatened them several times.

Per published reports, the parties did not know each other, and had no history. Would you let some asshole throw garbage in your yard and threaten you with a firearm?

I'm not saying I would've confronted the armed assholes, but I would have had the arrested for aggravated assault.

Eli

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You can ignore the bat as the deceased was already the victim of aggravated assault before arming himself.
    PLEASE, REMEMBER THE FACTS:
    The father and son removed refuse from the communal dumpster and threw it in the decedent's yard.
    The decedent (naturally) verbally objected to this.
    The father reacted to this objection by confronting the decedent and pulling a pistol.
    The son armed himself with a shotgun.
    This confrontation occurred in a public area, not private property - there is no 'stand your ground' or 'self-defense' when you yourself instigate a confrontation in a public area.
    The decedent was handed a baseball bat after the father & son were visibly armed with firearms - a stupid decision - but was not armed with killed.

Per published reports, the parties did not know each other, and had no history. Would you let some ******* throw garbage in your yard and threaten you with a firearm?

I'm not saying I would've confronted the armed assholes, but I would have had the arrested for aggravated assault.
    I bet if I acted like a psychotic nutcase to you, you would pull a gun on me. If I came back with a bat, you would most certainly shoot me.

This guy was a raving nutcase.

The shooters are jackasses. But if dead guy did indeed leave the scene, I would say that it was deescalated. Probably not the way I would do it, but not the point.
    The dead guy had the option of not bringing a baseball bat to a gun fight.
    Had his raving loon ass had just stayed inside and called the police instead of coming after an armed pair of retards, he would not be dead at the hands of the armed retards.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Update:

What ever happened to the right to a speedy trial?

The father & son accused of murder in Abilene over the alley trash dispute are just now getting to trial.
    I think its bullshit..this happened in 2018..waaayy before covid.

Top Bottom