• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I was always taught to “follow the money”. The passion for huge school bond issues to build huge stadiums should also be examined in terms of Who Builds the stafiums. The billions that are spent on ISD stadiums go to only a handful of contractors. For instance, this Houston firm has built more than 400 such projects.

Does anyone here think that this company does not engage in active promotion, solicitation and direct involvement in these bond programs? There is way too much money involved for hundreds of ISD board members to come up with these. projects on their own, not to mention that a lot can be hidden in a $50 million project not to mention an $800 million bond issue, especially when many districts keep a tight lid on financial reporting and avoid forensic audits that the voters should demand.

I worked for a couple of federal engineering contractors and I can tell you stories of how the military came up with their projects, budgets and contract awards. When the dollars are huge, everything is driven by the companies who will reap the windfall and they always seem to allow loose change to fall from their pockets for others to pick up.
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was always taught to “follow the money”. The passion for huge school bond issues to build huge stadiums should also be examined in terms of Who Builds the stafiums. The billions that are spent on ISD stadiums go to only a handful of contractors. For instance, this Houston firm has built more than 400 such projects.

Does anyone here think that this company does not engage in active promotion, solicitation and direct involvement in these bond programs? There is way too much money involved for hundreds of ISD board members to come up with these. projects on their own, not to mention that a lot can be hidden in a $50 million project not to mention an $800 million bond issue, especially when many districts keep a tight lid on financial reporting and avoid forensic audits that the voters should demand.

I worked for a couple of federal engineering contractors and I can tell you stories of how the military came up with their projects, budgets and contract awards. When the dollars are huge, everything is driven by the companies who will reap the windfall and they always seem to allow loose change to fall from their pockets for others to pick up.
    I agree with what you are saying. Also makes you wonder if there are kickbacks in being able to secure those construction contracts. Which I suspect there has to be.

Top Bottom