• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I go to them to support the industry and see what's out there. I believe the last three or four I have gone to I did not buy anything firearms related. I enjoyed just looking and seeing the insane prices. Heck, I even took an AR to the last one to sell and said I'd do $350 and didn't have any takers. Only thing I bought was Black Rifle Coffee for the wife.

Funny thing, the guys buying ARs from the vendors paid at least twice what I was offering mine for and even at that price point were similar in quality. PSA premium upper and lower, PSA LPK, Magpul furniture including pistol grip and forearm. Barrel is Anderson M4 profile and the whole build has one round down the tube for function check. Was anyone interested? Nope, but the $850 unknown ARs still sold like crazy. I don't think anyone there buying guns had any idea what they were doing and that was only 5 months ago.
    Target Sports

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I beat that at the gun show, he was asking $600 but I beat him down HARD to $599.99. The stock had been carved up with a dull Sawzall, the bolt was frozen but he tossed in a small can of WD 40 to break it loose. The barrel has a slight, very slight bend in it, but he gave me half dozen rds of ball and said if I fire them thru it, it will straighten out bend. Gonna make someone a good hunter when I get it all done, I will list it here first for my buds on TGT...

My Enfield was the first rifle I purchased after turning 18 in '98. I bought it from a LGS for $150. I was told it was a .303 rechambered to .308. Later, after researching the rifle I figured out it was the Indian version originally chambered in 7.62 but had the wood stock removed and barrel cut down. There was a guy/company years ago that bought a lot of them and sporterized them. It's a heck of a rifle now with an EGW SCOPE mount and Redfield scope. It's a great scout rifle setup and one of my favorites, if not only for sentimental reasons.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Since the last few gun shows I attended I walked out empty handed anyway, I would say the best gun show out there right now is the NRA convention. Went to the one in Dallas last year and had an awesome time walking around and handling all the firearms. If you have never been to a NRA convention, GO! Everyone is super nice and you'll discover several guns you just have to have. Since they aren't for sale there you can usually calm down enough to realize that $18,000 Kriegkoff may not be worth the divorce. But then again maybe it is?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I go to window shop, but you never know when you will find a gem. Before Market Hall went stupid ($80 a table) I would get one just for access on Fri nite. There is more stuff moving around then than on a good day. Not among the dealers but individuals.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Do ALL these dudes smoke crack?

Moonpie just back from small town gunshow.
    Is it some unwritten rule thing that every firearm be priced 100% more than it should be?
    Fudd guns. Fudd guns everywhere. Very overpriced Fudd guns. Unless you like bolt action shotguns. Even the .22lr rifles were off the chain.
    If I see one more Bubba'ed .303 Enfield for $600 I'm gonna hurl.
    Sheeeesh…….I should get a table and sell at those prices. I could retire.

Its like this everywhere. Some people will pay the prices because they dont want to deal with background checks from official FFL’s

I always have a 3 day wait on my gun purchases. At least till i get my LTC, which should be soon. If it werent for the delays.

So thats the biggest reason why they can get away with those prices.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Its like this everywhere. Some people will pay the prices because they dont want to deal with background checks from official FFL’s

I always have a 3 day wait on my gun purchases. At least till i get my LTC, which should be soon. If it werent for the delays.

So thats the biggest reason why they can get away with those prices.
    How does the LTC reduce the wait time? I have a CHL and it used to allow the purchase without the background check and all the paperwork. But, you had no wait period. Plus, I thought that the real time check allowed any person to buy and take the same day if the background passed.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    How does the LTC reduce the wait time? I have a CHL and it used to allow the purchase without the background check and all the paperwork. But, you had no wait period. Plus, I thought that the real time check allowed any person to buy and take the same day if the background passed.

If you're on a green card, the NICS throws an automated "delay", no matter what.
    Or so I was told by an FFL. LTC = no NICS = no mandatory delay = reduced wait time.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville

Green card or not. Texas LTC is on the No Nics needed list for buying guns. So if you have a Texas LTC, you can buy a gun in Texas with no NicS background check first. Just show the dealer your LTC.

There are many reasons you can get a delay on your NICS bachround checks the Texas LTC just saves that issue.

Glockzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2008
    Cedar Hill
    95% of the time I get better deals online and that includes shipping cost and transfer fee at my local ffl, no tax
    However, gun shows can be fun since I see them as social events where you can run into buddies you haven t seen in awhile.
    Plus there is a 5% chance that you find something nifty.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    95% of the time I get better deals online and that includes shipping cost and transfer fee at my local ffl, no tax
    However, gun shows can be fun since I see them as social events where you can run into buddies you haven t seen in awhile.
    Plus there is a 5% chance that you find something nifty.

Its all about the private sale tables and the low cost, high volume dealers. There is usually one or two dealers there that will have a cash price that beats some online retailers and most listings on gunbroker.

I usually always end up bringing something home from a private sale table though

Top Bottom