Hurley's Gold

About to buy 1000 rounds of 9mm and 1000 rounds of 223/556. Questions on a couple sellers and newer ammo i found.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    First the castle arms.
    Battle hawk armore

Second this russian steel cased nickel washed copper fmj ammo.
    Tula Sgt major ammo.

Anyone use it?

Any other options you all recently found?
    Capitol Armory ad

DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Arlington, TX
    When I'm not reloading I buy from Stand 1. Yeah, they aren't as cheap as the import steel case stuff, but they are also brass, and made right here in TX. I'll pay more for that.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    When I'm not reloading I buy from Stand 1. Yeah, they aren't as cheap as the import steel case stuff, but they are also brass, and made right here in TX. I'll pay more for that.

Those arent bad prices.

Ever have any issues?

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Not at all. They are fantastic folks that make darn good products.
    Well their prices and your word made me jump.
    Me and future son in law are splitting 2000 rounds of ammo. That will give about 1000 rounds of each caliber on hand.

Hows their shipping times to DFW. In your experience

Last edited:

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX

Whew! They are way too proud of thier ammo.

DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Arlington, TX
    Wow. Orderd their ammo this afternoon and got a message from ups saying it will be here tomorrow.
    Gotta love it, their shipping is faster than my reply! LOL

You will like it. Sure, it isn't the cheap stuff but pretty much every competition shooter in this area swears by it. You won't hear that about pretty much any steel case stuff other than Wolf Gold which is about as much as Stand 1 if not more.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    No worries, there is plenty of steel cased stuff for folks that want to buy it. I am just not one of those people. :)
    Sadly, for you, my comment had nothing to do with steel casings.
    But you go on throwing that money away paying $2/round for 308. I only pay $0.65/round… for brass cased 308 ammo.

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I've sold quite a bit of stand 1 armory's ammo, all brass case .223 and 9mm

Works ok, haven't had any complaints.

I have only ever shot their 9mm though

DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Arlington, TX
    Sadly, for you, my comment had nothing to do with steel casings.
    But you go on throwing that money away paying $2/round for 308. I only pay $0.65/round… for brass cased 308 ammo.
    Ahhhh, you are talking 308. Sorry, this guy didn’t mention anything about 308 so who knew what you were talking about.

But now that we are talking 308, yeah Stand one doesn’t do burner 308 like other places do. There is a huge difference between 178gr amax and some 150’ish grain FMJ stuff. It isn’t for everyone. I’m glad you have a source for some cheap hoser ammo.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Ahhhh, you are talking 308. Sorry, this guy didn’t mention anything about 308 so who knew what you were talking about.

But now that we are talking 308, yeah Stand one doesn’t do burner 308 like other places do. There is a huge difference between 178gr amax and some 150’ish grain FMJ stuff. It isn’t for everyone. I’m glad you have a source for some cheap hoser ammo.
    Yeah, to each thier own. And I didn't intend to make you butt-hurt - apologies for that.

If I were a competitive tournament shooter I'd possibly look for match grade as well if I didn't have time to reload.

When i buy ammo, it is range ammo that I buy for the brass to reload my own recipe after enjoying my trifty plinking.

DFW_Warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Arlington, TX
    Yeah, to each thier own. And I didn't intend to make you butt-hurt - apologies for that.

If I were a competitive tournament shooter I'd possibly look for match grade as well if I didn't have time to reload.

When i buy ammo, it is range ammo that I buy for the brass to reload my own recipe after enjoying my trifty plinking.
    No butt hurt here, no worries about that. I was just speaking to the differences in cost of the two ammoes. For folks like us that pay $350 for a match fee, take time off of work, drive across the country, pay for lodging, a TON of ammo to shoot at the match, and so on; we don't usually run bottom barrel stuff especially when our rifle targets are out at 600 or so yards.

Stand 1 for their 308 only does match grade stuff, and really on the long range stuff, at least so far. Luckily for their 9mm and .223 they do both match grade and a more cost friendly option. They are good folks.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well I'm not gonna hold it against them if I dont get it today as I figured that's too quick anyways. Lol

I'll post some pick and eventually range report if anyone cares.

Top Bottom