• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I found a 92FS for sale near me and the guy selling it is willing to sell it to me knowing I'm under 21, which is legal here in AZ. This is the gun. It looks like it just has normal wear and the price seems right considering that it comes with 3 mags. I asked him about how many rounds had been fired from it and how old it was and he didn't know. He figured probably a few hundred rounds. This will be my first pistol purchase and I've heard a lot of great things about these guns, so I'm strongly considering it. What do you guys think? Is anything sending out a red flag? Should I get it?
    ARJ Defense ad

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    look for typical wear and make sure its not bad
    along the top of the frame where the slide moves. where the barrel and slide touch. in the magwell. make sure you can see any cracks or anything.
    alot of ppl that by used guns cant tell how they are or how many rounds have been through them so its not exactly a red flag. make sure you get a bill of sale and write down his dl info. just incase it does turn out to be stolen and taken by the law man.
    other then that take a friend or carry a pistol just incase something goes wrong. here in texas you dont have to worry much about buying guns ftf because it seems gun lovers have some sort of bond lol.

good luck and enjoy the gun !

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Looks like quite a bit of ware on that for just a couple hundred rounds.
    I would field strip the pistol and check the the barrel. see how clean it is. See in the riffling looks thin or if you don't know what it should look like, it will look pretty much like a smooth pipe. with no riffling. Check for excessive side to side play in the slide. Do the mags drop freely from the pistol when released. Give the gun a quick shake to see if anything rattles, there should be none.
    there are other things to look for I am sure, and the things I have listed are probably not the most important of things. But they are things to look for just the same.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Most of that looks like holster wear - kinda hard to tell a whole lot, but that's what it looks like to me.....maybe an ex-PD gun. They get carried a lot, but very little use.

Top Bottom