• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If anything, the situation will get worse as the Democrats ramp up their anti-gun measures. After Sandy Hook and the anti-gun noises by Obama in its wake, the '12-'13 ammo crunch kicked off. So, in addition to the current ammo issue, there will be a bigger run on ammo to stock up before new legislation is even out of committee let alone passed.

Here is a question: If Mexico does not sell much ammo and we are experiencing an ammo crunch then where are the cartels getting their ammo? Could that be why so many smurfs are in line for so long? Because the cartels will pay even more for ammunition?
    Mexico produces plenty of ammunition

MississippiTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Katy TX
    Buying from Academy is fine. They have slightly increased pricing compared to others, including Bass Pro and Field & Stream and availability is much better. I would like to think it is because their vendor increased the price, maybe a surcharge. I will continue to purchase from Academy when I need, it's available, and meets my price point. Their supply to a specific store may be based on volume, so the more they sell the more they get in the disbursement. I think the real problem is the scalping and other methods mentioned above. It has a pretty big impact on the other market and new firearms owners are going to pay it right now, some just out of ignorance. I too believe things will get worse before better in the long run due to stupid bills such as SheJack's and Green's. If they get any real regional or national publicity at all, there will be a greater run on ammo and firearms. I do see a little more availability right now but believe it will be short lived.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    You've lost me at "If I was a prick I'd start reporting these assholes to the IRS".
    There is no such thing as "false scarcity".
    Ammunition plants along with their supply chain from one end to the other operating under covid restrictions, that is real. We know that because they said so, publicly.
    The market for ammo is much bigger than before with millions of new shooters who have no inventory, pure and simple. Demand will outstrip supply for at least 2 years, I think, and it's nothing like the previous ammo shortages that we've had.
    Think about it for a second: over 5 million new owners. If they are trying to buy, say, 300 rds each, that is , what, a billion and a half rounds!
    And if we've learned something is that everyone likes to have a sizeable stash for their guns.
    False scarcity.....
    I don't have a problem with the way Capitalism works, at its best or its worst. The other systems are far worse. At least this one works. I just have to pay more to enjoy target shooting. Ammo is out there.

Yes there is. The fact no one here knows what it is means they have a very limited understanding of capitalism, free markets, and core price index. It's fine, bothers me not. I'm not out of ammo or even low. I just think a lot of people are being complete fucking morons, that's not really different from the status quo.

Plenty of dipshits that aren't democrats, I know, I've met many and read many posts on the internet by them. False scarcity IS a thing. I don't have a problem the way capitalism works either, but to assume this is a real shortage, and that there is real scarcity and the price is because of REAL supply and demand and primarily driven by that is complete bullshit.

MississippiTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Katy TX
    Bottom line, perception is reality in the ammo and firearms world and if we aren't well stocked, we have to pay the price in our current climate. What is "the" price? Depends on circumstances.

Tyrvidar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Yes there is. The fact no one here knows what it is means they have a very limited understanding of capitalism, free markets, and core price index. It's fine, bothers me not. I'm not out of ammo or even low. I just think a lot of people are being complete fucking morons, that's not really different from the status quo.

Plenty of dipshits that aren't democrats, I know, I've met many and read many posts on the internet by them. False scarcity IS a thing. I don't have a problem the way capitalism works either, but to assume this is a real shortage, and that there is real scarcity and the price is because of REAL supply and demand and primarily driven by that is complete bullshit.

Agreed, the number of asshats making Youtube channels about the absolutely random shit they scored at Walmart or Academy... calibers they do not own a weapon in... just hoarding lmao... funny stuff.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom