• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    I'm not paying 40 cents a round for 9mm. I'll keep shooting .22 that I can buy for a nickel a round instead for fun. And I'll keep the 9mm I have for emergency use only.

The academy close to me in Garland gets ammo on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Lines are pretty much gone in those mornings before they open. Ammo guy says there are usually 8 to 10 people instead of the 150 they used to have.
    DK Firearms

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I hear you, but I promised to take my nephew on a shooting outing in a couple of weeks. Since I only have a 1000 odd rounds of 9 mm, and to replace what I’m going to use, it's either Academy at .40 per round, buy something online with shipping where it comes out to .55+ per round, or grab some rocks from the yard for .00 per round :D

Since my Beretta doesn't like rocks, and my wallet doesn't like paying for shipping, or anything above $20 a box, I guess I’m left with Academy for the time being.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    I hear you, but I promised to take my nephew on a shooting outing in a couple of weeks. Since I only have a 1000 odd rounds of 9 mm, and to replace what I’m going to use, it's either Academy at .40 per round, buy something online with shipping where it comes out to .55+ per round, or grab some rocks from the yard for .00 per round :D

Since my Beretta doesn't like rocks, and my wallet doesn't like paying for shipping, or anything above $20 a box, I guess I’m left with Academy for the time being.
    Yes sir, I agree with you and appreciate your situation. Hope you and you nephew have a great outing !

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    A few weeks back I bought 2 boxes of Winchester 38 Spc FMJ.

I had not seen any on any shelf since the beginning of the insanity.

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Went to the Dallas Academy today at lunch and was able to pickup 4 - 150 boxes of Winchester 9mm.
    52.99 per box.
    I haven't seen any 50+ packages of 9mm in a while aside from Monarch (which is usually steel) and Browning.

$52.99 is pretty decent (35 cents per round) for 150rds. Considering the average market prices right now.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I haven't seen any 50+ packages of 9mm in a while aside from Monarch (which is usually steel) and Browning.

$52.99 is pretty decent (35 cents per round) for 150rds. Considering the average market prices right now.
    Funny you mentioned that. This is what I just bought on academy.com. 400 rounds for $170
    4658FDD7-885A-43E4-A320-678CB6052572.jpeg

Unicron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2021
    Unicron
    Walked into Missouri City Academy...shelves were lightly stocked with random calibers.
    They had two rolling metal carts filled as well as a shopping carts filled with unopened cases of ammo.

A few different 9mm brands were available @ 40 cents a round.
    Was looking for 22LR CCI Mini Mag, but no luck.
    Went in for Remington 12 guage Shurshot #6, and they had them at almost $9 a box.

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    View attachment 263785

Was visiting Lubbock over the weekend and ran into academy to buy some rain jackets. Surprised to see these 200 round battle packs of PPU 9mm just sitting there in the middle of the day. $69.99 each...highest price I have paid for 9mm (~36 cents with academy card discount), but was just happy to get that much of it out of the blue. They let me pick up 4 packs.

Always wanted to try those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    Walked into Missouri City Academy...shelves were lightly stocked with random calibers.
    They had two rolling metal carts filled as well as a shopping carts filled with unopened cases of ammo.

A few different 9mm brands were available @ 40 cents a round.
    Was looking for 22LR CCI Mini Mag, but no luck.
    Went in for Remington 12 guage Shurshot #6, and they had them at almost $9 a box.
    Walmart had 22lr CCI Mini Mag and several other CCI rounds today. Also had 22lr Federal Automatch. Picked me up another thousand rounds of Automatch.

I'm not paying 40 cents a round for 9mm...I have plenty of it and I just keep shooting my Glock 44.

Last edited:

Unicron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2021
    Unicron
    Walmart had 22lr CCI Mini Mag and several other CCI rounds today. Also had 22lr Federal Automatch. Picked me up another thousand rounds of Automatch.

I'm not paying 40 cents a round for 9mm...I have plenty of it and I just keep shooting my Glock 44.

thanks! i will check walmart.

correct...I am also not down to pay 40 cents for 9mm. however I did just buy some at 36 cents out the door...heh. Picked up four monarch 200 round battle packs.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Damn, the prices of 9mm at Academy went up around $2 to $3 per box of 50 in the last week., or so, here in Texarkana. They were $18.95 Remington and $19.95 Federal - both FMJ. Now, they are $21.99 each! Then again, yesterday, they had Winchester Forged 9mm (steel cased) at about $110 per box of 150! Get that - steel cased, in a kind of, sort of, almost bulk sized box for about .73 cents per round! I asked if they had the wrong price and they said nope, it is correct even though the 50 round boxes of brass cased 9mm were at about .44 cents per round!!! That is plumb crazy, yet folks were buying them, at that super inflated price, like hotcakes at a firehouse breakfast. I guess they just wanted more rounds of ammo in their four (4) box limit of pistol/rifle ammo than buying by the box of 50 or were just too frigging stupid to do the math and to buy some now and come back the next day for more.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Got 600 rounds yesterday at the Dallas store, then thanks to another member here who gave me the idea, I ordered 4 100-round boxes of WWB.

Academy-order.png

Top Bottom