• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I called my local Academy and asked if they had any 500rd bricks of .22lr for sale and was told they did but i would have to go to the customer service desk to get it. So i drove to Academy and sure enough they had about 5 bricks on the counter. I told the lady that i would take one brick of the .22lr. She opened the brick and pulled out one of the 50 rd boxes and said that will be $5. I told her that i want to buy the whole brick and she told me that their current policy is only one of the small boxes per person per day.
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My understanding was that if it was intended to be sold as bulk from the distributer it would be.

If not it would be sold by individual boxes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Mine hasn't ha any bulk .22 in stock for a while but I will try tomorrow and see what happens.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I found some .22lr online for $85 per 1000. A little high but it is what it is. I think the prices will go down in a while but I don't think it will ever get back down to before sandyhook deal.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I called my local Academy and asked if they had any 500rd bricks of .22lr for sale and was told they did but i would have to go to the customer service desk to get it. So i drove to Academy and sure enough they had about 5 bricks on the counter. I told the lady that i would take one brick of the .22lr. She opened the brick and pulled out one of the 50 rd boxes and said that will be $5. I told her that i want to buy the whole brick and she told me that their current policy is only one of the small boxes per person per day.

The Academy near me stopped selling the bricks of .22 before the crazyness started, but $5 per 50rd of .22 is silly...Like bg1960 said, be glad when the lunacy is over.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    22LR is one round I didn't bother stocking up on as I don't shoot it often, however after this go round I'll be fitting it into my regular ammo buying rotation.

Exactly, I thought 6 bricks I had put back would be "enough", but I'm going to re-evaluate what "enough" really means if times were to get even tougher than they are now.....

Something I think all of us are reconsidering....

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    .22 is always on my list to pickup when found at a good deal price. It works on lots of different "targets", is excellent for training ( new people as well as experienced ) and most importantly,

.22 is the only round I shoot that I cannot reload myself....

I used to think 2thousand rounds of .22 was good for my rifles, same again for the pistols.. Now I wish I had bought more....

Top Bottom