• ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Back by popular demand....

I went into the Katy Academy and witnessed a large array of scary firearms fully displayed. A week ago the boxes were visible under the counter, but none were displayed.

I assume they expecting a large number of sales with the coming election, and got tired of unboxing them every time someone asked to look at one. It was a very impressive selection indeed. I am happy to see that they are back in the game again.

Ahem, I meant to say they now have a good selection of (MSR) Modern Sporting Rifles...
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I noticed the same thing in Cedar Park as my wife wanted to go there.

They had a bunch of them out.

I am still somewhat against them for doing what they did but my family loves the rest of the store so we still go.

I just hope they regret that bad decision and learn from it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    'Haven't been to an Academy, or any other of those type stores in over 6 years mainly because I don't live close to any. But I don't miss them. If I lived in the city or even close, I "might" visit one. "Shopping" is not a sport to me. :green:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What a store decides to display or not. Specifically
    I have an issue with a store bowing down to the Liberal agenda or people that may be offended.

These things push the "guns are bad" agenda and I have an issue with that.

A bunch of little things add up to big things.

I must assume Academy had enough backlash from their decision to put the rifles back on display. If nobody worried about it then Academy may have quit selling them all together giving the anti gun crowd another victory.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have an issue with a store bowing down to the Liberal agenda or people that may be offended.
    Instead they should bow down to you and your agenda?

These things push the "guns are bad" agenda and I have an issue with that.
    exactly how does a store taking down a display push any "agenda"?

A bunch of little things add up to big things.

I must assume Academy had enough backlash from their decision to put the rifles back on display. If nobody worried about it then Academy may have quit selling them all together giving the anti gun crowd another victory.

Please direct me to evidence of any backlash. Placing guns back on the shelf is not evidence of backlash.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Honestly, last week the storage area under the display guns was packed full of a very impressive selection of MSR's. They actually had more than my LGS that has a large display area.

As long as their prices are in line with industry, then I say welcome back Academy!

Make one CTD pricing decision and all of the atta boys are gone...

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What a store decides to display or not. Specifically

So if a store decides to display 30.06 & 30.07 signs, you just return to your vehicle, disarm and continue to shop there? Or do you find another store that sells similar items and spend your money at this other establishment?

A store does not have to agree with my opinions or positions on certain matters, but when they do and are public about it, they shouldn't expect my business. If there is enough talk of like minded individuals, businesses have been known to change policies. I've seen dozens of 30.06 signs that went up in the last 12 months come down since open carry went into effect. I'm going to assume this was due to customer backlash and not just a random change of heart as many left the 30.07 signs in place.

Top Bottom