• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wanting to get a bull barrel and stock for my 10/22. There are tons of options and I'm not sure how far I need to go or how much I should spend.

First off I don't want to make it look like an AR or AK.

Main use will be knocking off clay pidgeons at 100-150yrds. I'm sure I can do this with it as is but wan't a more comfortable stock and just feel like doing some upgrades.

There is a pretty wide range of priceing and I just want some advise on how much I need to spend so I'm not throwing my money away with no real gain.
    Gun Zone Deals

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I like the hogue overmolds for a cheap stock. They are comfortable, but kinda heavy. I use one with a bull barrel on a 10/22, and it is an anchor. I just shoot it at the range. For rabbits in the back yard. I use my standard carbine barrel on a arch angel kit.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I concur w/itchin. The hogue+bull barrel combo is awesome for a bench rifle. At those ranges, I assuming you will not be shooting it from the shoulder. Here is a picture of a few I built w/ER shaw bbls. and green hogue stocks. You can't beat these with a stick.http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rimfire/16200-hogue-ultimate-10-22s.html . Also, the ER shaw barrels are right at a buck twenty and worth every penny. Adams&Bennet and green mountain also come to mind for simple, accurate, affordable barrels.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks, I had looked at some that had an OD green finish and though it would be pretty cool with an OD stock. And yes, It will be bench shooting so I'm not too worried about keeping it light weight.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I built a custom 10-22 about two years ago. The only things I could salvage from the original carbine was the receiver, bolt, springs, trigger housing, and a few pins and screws.

The project was lots of fun, and because of the modular nature of the 10-22, eminently doable.

Final cost, including scope, was about $595.

The stock was the most difficult part, and I finally found one on-line and it fit my 16.5" bull barrel perfectly for about $85.

Top Bottom