• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can agree on most of this, however author Jack Donovan is gay and glorifies masculinity/ detests stereotypical "Fruit" behavior. It's really an attack on manhood that is being perpetrated.

Ha. I said im staying out of these conversations on here since I said my piece in the "gay" thread so...big difference between being a male vs being a man. Hyperexpression of masculinity doesn't a man make.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I've always thought bowing out of threads is silly. If you're done just leave it alone. The whole " I'm done posting on this thread" cracks me up. I bet they read it after and it drives em crazy.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread ;-). God bless the families of the Fort Hood victims. Hope the shooter rots in hell.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Ha. I said im staying out of these conversations on here since I said my piece in the "gay" thread so...big difference between being a male vs being a man. Hyperexpression of masculinity doesn't a man make.

Yeah I remember you telling me I was "new around here" and to "shut up" like I don't have just as much right to be here as you.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've always thought bowing out of threads is silly. If you're done just leave it alone. The whole " I'm done posting on this thread" cracks me up. I bet they read it after and it drives em crazy.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread ;-). God bless the families of the Fort Hood victims. Hope the shooter rots in hell.

Hipster. Nope I stopped reading the other thread. Did continue talking with some people on PM as advertised.

Bowing out is the smart move at times and I dont enjoy arguing just to argue.

Hugs.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    One thing I'd like to remind everyone: We don't know many facts about the shooting yet. I'm already seeing people using insulting language about the shooter. It is very possible he was an honorable person who had an extreme reaction to his meds (not uncommon).

Remember Brynn Hartman? Somewhat flaky lady but otherwise not a bad person. Ended up killing her husband (Phil Hartman) in his sleep because she reacted horribly to psych meds. When the medicine wore off she realized what she did and eventually killed herself because of it.

I've spoken here of my own drastic experiences with Ambien (which the shooter used); god only knows how a person could react to psych meds.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hipster. Nope I stopped reading the other thread. Did continue talking with some people on PM as advertised.

Bowing out is the smart move at times and I dont enjoy arguing just to argue.

Hugs.
    Lol. Who you calling hipster? Hipster. Wow @ the other guy. I don't remember you saying that to him.
    Maybe he is mistaking you for another.member?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The next big 2nd amendment battle ground is going to be mental illness and the fitness to possess a weapon.

Unfortunately I thing a lot of folks will support this idea, without ever realizing what a slippery slope it is.

Add to that, the allowing of concealed carry on base can also mean reasons to not allow concealed carry, like PTSD or meds. If that becomes precedent, how many other vets out in the civilian world suddenly get diagnosed with PTSD or prescribed other certain meds by the VA that suddenly makes them ineligible to own a firearm?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Add to that, the allowing of concealed carry on base can also mean reasons to not allow concealed carry, like PTSD or meds. If that becomes precedent, how many other vets out in the civilian world suddenly get diagnosed with PTSD or prescribed other certain meds by the VA that suddenly makes them ineligible to own a firearm?

F350-6 I feel that is coming.

Question for the older folks :p, did the military allow (or order some) officers and NCOs to carry on bases back in the 70's?? I remember hearing something about that.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Call me stupid, because on this subject I very well may be. I never served (looking back, I should have) so I honestly don't have a good frame of reference here. However, and that's a big however, it seems foolish to leave our military installations for all intents and purposes, unprotected. In my mind, any sufficiently trained and organized effort could quickly and with reasonable ease overcome the border forces, and quickly become encamped. Please educate me, and let me know this is honestly not the case.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lol. Who you calling hipster? Hipster. Wow @ the other guy. I don't remember you saying that to him.
    Maybe he is mistaking you for another.member?

I wasnt clear on that. If I did say what he claims im sure it was done respectfully. I try not to be rude in person or on the interwebs even to my detractors.

Right now listening to James Brown so im not sweating nothing! Like a sex machine!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Question for the older folks :p, did the military allow (or order some) officers and NCOs to carry on bases back in the 70's?? I remember hearing something about that.

Stateside? IME the answer was NO.

In the sixties, and early seventies before I got out, and with some exceptions (depending upon location and unit mission (missile, MP, CID, etc)), live ammunition and weapons on Stateside Army bases were always stored under separate control, and live ammunition only issued, as a rule, for range purposes.

I served both enlisted (E-5), and commissioned (O3) and this policy was in effect on the two stateside bases I served on as an officer (Fort Sill and Fort Bliss) and carried to extremes on both.

As an example, and when being assigned to a stateside unit after graduating from OCS as an O1 (and therefore being the SLJO (Shitty Little Jobs Officer in the unit)), was actually issued a .45 pistol on payday, without live ammo, when acting as Pay Officer.

That, of course, was neither the case in Vietnam, nor in Europe when my unit, depending upon alert status, was in an active defense mission.

YMMHV ...

Top Bottom