• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    First, do any of you have actual "Man Caves" in your home. Now, if you're single, your whole house is probably a man cave, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm turning my upstairs game room into a man cave. I currently have a decent leather sofa and recliner, refrigerator, a 42" LCD TV, PS3, and DirecTV HD. It's an open room with no door, but I have plans to install a door and glass in the 2 half-walls. Once I seal up the room, I plan to install a pair of exhaust fans and possibly a smoke eater (if necessary). I also plan to pull up the carpet and put down a wood or laminate floor. Other than manly decor, the final step of the project will be a built-in humidor.

Any other ideas? What are you doing in your Man Cave?
    Capitol Armory ad

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    What about a small bar?

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300726596.733007.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300726596.733007.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 91

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Mine has two recliners, TV, DVD, whiskey, work bench for reloading and hobbies, closet for ammo and reloading, book shelves and reading lamp. There is
    Also a laptop that can be hooked to the TV and a few hunting trophies. Just make it yours. Just a suggestion but smoke outside. I don't care what you do but you will never get all the smoke out.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Just make it yours. Just a suggestion but smoke outside. I don't care what you do but you will never get all the smoke out.

This is why I'm going with leather and wood floors; no fabric to hold the smoke. I may be wrong about mine, but I've been to several cigar rooms outfitted with exhaust fans and a smoke eater, and the smoke is barely detectable. If it stinks up the place, we'll ditch the smoking, but that's the main reason I'm building this room. I've got a nice patio, but nine months out of the year it's miserably hot, humid and you're fighting off mosquitoes the size of mocking birds.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Try it without a sink for a while. You may find that you don't really need one depending on what you make. Just keep some wet wipes and paper towels in a cabinet for spills, and bring up bucket of ice when you're going to be up there.

Beer in the fridge or a few pieces of ice with some Scotch don't need a sink (as long as you're not falling down drunk when you pour).

I recommend the wide mouth Gator Aid bottles for collecting other liquids

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Mine has two recliners, TV, DVD, whiskey, work bench for reloading and hobbies, closet for ammo and reloading, book shelves and reading lamp. There is
    Also a laptop that can be hooked to the TV and a few hunting trophies. Just make it yours. Just a suggestion but smoke outside. I don't care what you do but you will never get all the smoke out.

is it wise to keep your whiskey and reloading supplies in the same room??? lol

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In a house I had in Oklahoma, I had a full wood shop in my 2 car garage and needed a sink. I got a cabinet sink from an RV and it had two 5 gallon water containers in it- one for fresh and the other for used water. A little pump handle pumped water from the fresh tank. It worked great!

I'm single so my entire house is, like you say, a man cave. The BEST thing I did was to rip out all the carpeting and replace it with tile. The whole house is one type of 12" tile and the bathroom & kitchen is in wood grain tile. I don't need to fool with keeping the carpet clean, it rinses right off and I take a 24" dust mop to pick up the ghost turds. It also helped my sinus problems a lot.

Flash

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    My girlfriend insisted that I base a man cave. I have my 50" lcd tv, ps3, large couch, fouton, blu-ray assortment, mini bar, fridge, football/movies/gun memorabilia on the wall. Of course it is also my "gun" room so I have all of that in there.

Top Bottom