Adj. Gun/Rifle rest

Discussion in 'Projects & Builds' started by Leadpot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Leadpot

Leadpot Active Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    One of my 1st projects made was this Adj. heavy duty gun/ rifle rest . It adjusts from 71/2 " - 101/2 " . Won't blow away or tip over with these high Texas winds we have . Built in the early 80's with the help of a milling machine and material found laying around. Here are a few of the pics . Tilts and Swivels . :2cents:

View attachment 1392 View attachment 1393

2. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Pretty heavy duty for sure and items that are probably laying around the shop anyway. I like the look of that - nice work.

3. Leadpot

Leadpot Active Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Modified Weight bench

Another project is this modified Body By Jake press turned Rifle rest. Used sq. tubing all around. Main mast on this thing holds your spotting scope and adj. up /down, end & out to your needs & also swivels left to right. The Rifle rest itself is adj. for rifle comfort. Arm rest slides in & out for comfort.The whole center mast raises up or down. Everything will move to a specific place in mind .Weighs 42 lbs. O.A. I have other pics in another forum. These pics have the spotting scope mounted. Built the main mast for a friend and here is his version of it also. He mounted his on a round frame . LOL.. He did a good job. He made his whole build to swivel on the round frame.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Pretty cool adaptations.

5. Leadpot

Leadpot Active Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Thank you

Thank you sir. Have met a lot of good people here and have learned a lot of interesting stuff that is new to me. Thanks Texas 1911 . :texas: