Administration to high court: Don't exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's unfreaking real. And how does this work that Sotomayor "the wise latina" gets to rule on this?

360_sotomayor_nz_0526.jpg

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Administration to high court: Don't exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate | Fox News

Oh, I see. It's fine for Obutt$#@! to exempt his union thug butt-buddies but not for religious objections. That makes perfect sense .... to a complete idiot.

Exactly. They've been handing out exemptions left and right but finally draw a line in the sand when a religious group objects to having to cover contraception and abortions. That tells you where the left's priorities are.

The GOP better find a way to put a stop to this crap real quick or America as we know it is done. It may already be too late.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Now let me get this right.
    They do not want Catholics beings exempt from ACA?
    But there are "other" religions that ARE exempted?
    Hmmmm......

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I think the Amish are exempted in the statute. My understanding is that they don't believe in the concept of insurance to begin with, though I might be wrong about that.

I believe what the OP is referring to are the multitude of exemptions that the Obama administration has handed out to various mainly liberal/left leaning groups like unions. Essentially, in 2014 employer/group plans are going to have to comply with all the special provisions that individual plans had to include as of October 1, 2013 (which forced so many individual plans to be canceled and threw people into the exchanges). In anticipation of this, various group plans asked for waivers or exemptions from certain provisions of the new law, mainly fees but also other mandates that would have cost too much money, so that they could continue business as usual. Obama has been fairly generous in quietly granting these up to now, but suddenly a religious group (or Hobby Lobby) objects to the abortion/contraception requirements, oh, now suddenly they dig in their heels.

As much as I love Ted Cruz, I wish he would have filibustered over stuff like this rather than over repealing the whole thing, which was never going to happen. We probably could have forced the Democrats - even by overriding a veto if need be - to amend the ACA such that it was clear that the administration couldn't make all these modifications unilaterally. If we had a clear law that required Obama to get Congressional approval for all these various shenanigans he's pulling to delay the inevitable until after the 2014 elections, THEN we would have had tremendous leverage in getting it repealed. Force him to implement this pos as written, and it will collapse upon itself within a matter of months if not weeks, and the Dem's and only the Dem's would be to blame. THEN you can force them to give you anything you want in exchange for repealing it.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Amish and muslims are exempted. This is a 14th Amendment violation, pure and simple.

Impeach.

Hmmm... now that's something I hadn't thought of. What if a Muslim organization refused to participate in a plan that provided for abortions, or AIDS treatment when the AIDS resulted from homosexual conduct, or alcohol dependency? Would they get the waiver?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    What is his claimed authority on continuing to tweek a passed law until it "works"?

Executive Order, some would say abused throughout history, as in the Japanese internment camps in this country in WWII.

I would like to see a cite where Muslim's are exempt. Not that I don't believe it, but I would sure like to use it to point others to irrefutable proof that is the case.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I would like to see a cite where Muslim's are exempt. Not that I don't believe it, but I would sure like to use it to point others to irrefutable proof that is the case.

It doesn't come right out and say Muslims are exempt. But religious groups that don't believe in insurance do not have to participate in the mandate. Hardcore Muslims believe insurance is too much like gambling and so is off limits. Amish too, and those whacky faith healing no medicine types basically can claim an exemption for their religious beliefs but no one else can. Arbitrary double standard if I've ever seen one.

Muslims Exempt From Obamacare

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    It doesn't come right out and say Muslims are exempt. But religious groups that don't believe in insurance do not have to participate in the mandate. Hardcore Muslims believe insurance is too much like gambling and so is off limits. Amish too, and those whacky faith healing no medicine types basically can claim an exemption for their religious beliefs but no one else can. Arbitrary double standard if I've ever seen one.

Muslims Exempt From Obamacare

What we need is an insider leaker like Snoden who would provide hard data links to the "quantity" and "description" of Americans who are being exempted. There's no way the Administration is going to provide that data. The whole ponzi scheme is doomed on the false hope the young and healthy will run to it in droves... but would be doomed faster if that exemption info based on actual data was leaked.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Krauthammer may be on to something:

Charles Krauthammer: Stop the bailout, now - The Washington Post

"End result? Insolvency — before which the insurance companies will pull out of Obamacare.

Solution? A huge government bailout. It’s Obamacare’s escape hatch. And — surprise, surprise — it’s already baked into the law.

Which is why the GOP needs to act. Obamacare is a Rube Goldberg machine with hundreds of moving parts. Without viable insurance companies doing the work, it falls apart. No bailout, no Obamacare."

Of course, most who have paid attention subscribe to the theory that this is exactly what was planned all along, guaranteed failure of the ACA to usher in single payer.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom