• ...and so much more!
  • hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Shotguns suck.
    Chuck Norris would never use a shotgun...

Uhhh, nevermind
    Lone-Wolf-McQuade-Chuck-Norris-shotgun.png

chucknorrisgunprotection.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Two things I like about my Aimpoint Vs the EOTechs I've owned. One is that the battery isn't dead when I pick it up (EOTechs seem to drain batteries even when they're "off") and the other is I can leave the front lens cover down and run it OEG style, which pretty much kills any need to adjust the intensity for lighting conditions.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I see merit in both and own an eotech 553 as well as an aimpoint PRO. The Eotech is a more precision dot and produces better accuracy IME. I appreciate the battery life of the PRO but it is bulkier.
    Although it may not be fair to compare the high end Eotech to a low end aimpoint, I still favor the 553 for its NV capability and smaller dot size.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I see merit in both and own an eotech 553 as well as an aimpoint PRO. The Eotech is a more precision dot and produces better accuracy IME. I appreciate the battery life of the PRO but it is bulkier.
    Although it may not be fair to compare the high end Eotech to a low end aimpoint, I still favor the 553 for its NV capability and smaller dot size.

1 MOA dot vs 2 MOA? Not enough difference to matter. I've made called head shots at 250 with an AK and CompM2 (4MOA dot). I'd call that more than accurate enough.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    1 MOA dot vs 2 MOA? Not enough difference to matter. I've made called head shots at 250 with an AK and CompM2 (4MOA dot). I'd call that more than accurate enough.

Did you make the shot every time? Not trying to bust your argument or say you didn't, but it is a little vague.

Either way, the best one is the one the individual person prefers to use based on what is important to them.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've had an Eotech for a number of years and it preforms very well when shooting. The battery life is what bugs me about it. I just picked up an Aimpoint Micro and it seems pretty cool, and I'm impressed with the 50,000 hour advertised battery life. (heck, if it works out to be half of that I'll be happy) I've put it on a 10/22 to get some trigger time with it, and if it preforms as I think it will I'll probably replace the Eotech on my AR. I might even pick up another one for shotgun shooting as it will solve my left eye dominance issue.

10-22-aimpoint-opm_zps4c9ed7f8.gif

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Did you make the shot every time? Not trying to bust your argument or say you didn't, but it is a little vague.

Either way, the best one is the one the individual person prefers to use based on what is important to them.

I only make really easy shots every time... well, most of the time. But it was consistent, an on-demand thing.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    All the brands mentioned are great. Personally, I think the whole durability/reliability thing of the whole Aimpoint > EOTech is seriously overblown. When you think about the "needs" of most of us, honestly, it gets a bit ridiculous. How long does it take to press one button if you are grabbing your carbine because someone is breaking in. It's not necessarily the same sort of situation as a carry gun and potentially having a close quarters retention issue right off the bat. I mean, if you literally won't have a couple seconds to press a button and turn your EOTech on once you hear someone breaking in, then you need to do a better job hardening your house. As far as battery life, again... Don't get me wrong. I love Aimpoint, and they are my favorite over EOTech, but how important is the battery life issue really? We should all be doing preventative maintenance anyways, which pretty much eliminates that as a potential problem. Bottom line, unless you are getting in 600+ HOUR long gunbattles....maybe this stuff doesn't matter that much, as long as it's durable and reliable.

Of course, maybe it does, and maybe we should argue more about it. ;)

The time it takes to press that button on a $650 red dot sight would buy an awfully nice kick ass dog. Just saying.

7167ccm_27.jpeg

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    The time it takes to press that button on a $650 red dot sight would buy an awfully nice kick ass dog. Just saying.

You do have a point. But one most consider the training, upkeep and if such a dog works for where you live. It seems it is somewhat balanced by the companionship the dog gives. I guess just like the eotech/aimpoint debate; it all boils down to what works for you.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    You do have a point. But one most consider the training, upkeep and if such a dog works for where you live. It seems it is somewhat balanced by the companionship the dog gives. I guess just like the eotech/aimpoint debate; it all boils down to what works for you.

The training is fun and good excercise. Dogs can/will work anywhere and everywhere. The comopanionship and the time in life spent with them is priceless.

Really not tyring to tke away from the debate but these extremely expensive battery operated deals are not going to save or enhance your life. If it comes down to protecting your self and defending your property I'll take a healthy well trained canine over a red dot sight any day.

Personaly I cannot afford them at the moment but do want one for one of my carbines. If it works for me I will also get one for my future AR-10 carbine. But, I will need to hold back some disposable income before any of that happens. Until then I will continue to use irons.

Staying tuned to find out which dot is better than the other.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    At 250 that 4 MOA is 8 inches, vs 2 for the Eotech. Huge difference.
    If 250 is your average distance, then you may have chosen a less than optimal optical solution. Your eyes must be better than mine because 100 yds is really the point that I would put some magnification on the optic. You pretty much know where you will be shooting and at what distances, you can select an appropriate optic for the situation. If I had only one optic it would probably not be an unmagnified red dot.
    I prefer an Eotech but I have not spent much time with the Aimpoint.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    "Dogs can/will work anywhere and everywhere."

Ha, I wasn't referring to the dogs ability or them being eager to "work" but rather if a good sized dog is practical for where you live, like perhaps a small apartment.

Top Bottom