• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    So I finally saved up enough money to buy a descent red dot and I am looking to buy an Aimpoint preferrably the pro, does anyone know of any good sites or maybe forum supporters on here that sell them? I have found them for 400 on the net but wouldn't mind supporting a Texas business or one of the TGT supporters. THanks
    Capitol Armory ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have one, great optic. Going rate almost everywhere is $400. Just be warned, Aimpoints policy is that the PRO is only to be sold to LEO and military, most of the stocking dealers are wanting ID as proof. I am not sure, but I think DSG and PSA both have them in stock and do not require ID...

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Probably because it is generally assumed that if you are in GT Dist that you are either LEO or Mil. All I know is that according to a couple of FFL's that I know, Aimpoint has stated that the PRO is only to be sold by Aimpoint LEO dealers and only to LEO/Mil. To do otherwise they risk losing their distributorship (is that a word?) with Aimpoint.

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    @DirtyD yeah those two places are the ones I have been looking at.
    @Kurt ive tried a few times to order a coupe of pistols from them and have never heard a word back from them, is this common? I even had my FFL fax in the required documents

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    @DirtyD yeah those two places are the ones I have been looking at.
    @Kurt ive tried a few times to order a coupe of pistols from them and have never heard a word back from them, is this common? I even had my FFL fax in the required documents

If they placed you on a waiting list, it sometimes takes months. They order in quantity and do not place individual back orders. I just happened to be in the store the day a shipment of Aimpoint Pros arrived. On some items like Glocks, the wait may be worth it because of their pricing. On others, the price isn't so good that I wouldn't buy elsewhere.

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    If they placed you on a waiting list, it sometimes takes months. They order in quantity and do not place individual back orders. I just happened to be in the store the day a shipment of Aimpoint Pros arrived. On some items like Glocks, the wait may be worth it because of their pricing. On others, the price isn't so good that I wouldn't buy elsewhere.

This was last year and i still havent heard from them....

Top Bottom