• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • butchcash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Tennessee
    Hey to all of you Texas Gun Talk members and viewers. I just registered on this Forum and am excited to be here. I am registered on many sites, but I'm not very gabby so you won't see many posts from me. I happened upon this site after selling a couple of TAPCO 30 rd AK-74 mags to a gentleman in El Paso. He bought them off of my web site blah blah blah.com. This made me think of some fond memories of Texas so I thought I'd look and see if there was a forum associated with Texas, sure enough here it is.

The last time I was in Texas was in 2001. My ole lady and I ended up on St Padre Island due east of Brownsville. We crossed the southern border for a brief visit and ended up in a bar on the Island, an American Legion post maybe. We met so many good folks there and had such a good time we stayed till closing and didn't make it back to the hotel until near daylight. We liked it so well we stayed an extra day and night.

I'm thinking something about a bunch of American Legion placques or license plates from all over the country hung on the walls and a guy they called the fireman. Great folks, great time...................the ole lady just looked over my shoulder and said that I had it all wrong, well not all wrong, just some of the details. I feel obliged to make the corrections because she is always right...whatever.

The bar was named Kelly's and it was on SOUTH Padre Island. I was right about closing the place down and loving the people but the license plates hanging on the walls was another trip somewhere else on another trip to some other place she say's. This PTSD and all these meds make life very interesting sometimes.

But any way thanks for having me here and listning to the ramblings of an old something or another.........
    Gun Zone Deals

Top Bottom