• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    A couple of years ago there was a company that was selling AK47 clones. They were out of Houston. Does any one know the name of this company and if they are still in business ?
    Gun Zone Deals

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    A couple of years ago there was a company that was selling AK47 clones. They were out of Houston. Does any one know the name of this company and if they are still in business ?

There was another company named Arsenal in Houston that made AKM rifles. They are not the same as the Vegas arsenal. Interarms also operates out of Houston, TX.

Are you referring to "Jakash Industries" out of Sugarland????

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...lt-first-one-helga-horrible-disassembled.html

They build an outstandingly authentic looking gun, dubious repetition for reliability though. I would love to have one if they get into full scale production.

Yes, yes. They were great builders, unfortunately their barrel suppliers made an inferior product that caused the gun to not function. I've heard that they might start up business again soon with saigas or full parts builds, but with reputable barrel manufacturers when their owner gets the money

One day

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Armory USA makes AKs out of Houston.

EDIT: At least they used to. I can't seem to find a website for them. Their old website is shut down.

EDIT 2: Their phone rings to an answering machine for Hi Standard Manufacturing. You might try calling them during business hours tomorrow: (713) 944-3351

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    Originally the company was named "Arsenal USA", but apparently that caused some sort of trademark blowup with Arsenal Bulgaria. Ron, one of the owners, told me that. They also had a parts import company named "Global Trades". I can remember buying East German bakelite AK-74 mags off their gunshow table for $3 each in 2004.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I talked to the guy who ran one of those Houston companies last weekend at the gun show. His health went south and he just shut it down.

Flash

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Armory USA makes AKs out of Houston.

EDIT: At least they used to. I can't seem to find a website for them. Their old website is shut down.

EDIT 2: Their phone rings to an answering machine for Hi Standard Manufacturing. You might try calling them during business hours tomorrow: (713) 944-3351

FWIW, I did call this number and the lady who answered said that they just had their old number. Guess they are out of buisness. Thanks for the help .

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world

Frankin-AK.jpg

These are the guys that did the work on my AK, it is a great shooting rifle made of all kinds of parts from all over the world. Chinese bolt carrier group, piston, a Yugo barrel and front trunnion, a mix of parts from all over. It has a Tapco G2 trigger kit and other parts 922r parts to keep it legal but it is a Frankin-AK if I ever saw one.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    RPG was a company out of Houston that used to make them. Their trigger and a couple of other parts had a Texas outline to identify it as a compliance part. They quit building about three years ago IIRC. I never had a single problem with the one I used to have.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    RPG was a company out of Houston that used to make them. Their trigger and a couple of other parts had a Texas outline to identify it as a compliance part. They quit building about three years ago IIRC. I never had a single problem with the one I used to have.

Yeah, I remember seeing them at a gun show just before they went under. They had a sign about something like 'ten reasons an AK is better than an AR' and I tried contacting them to get a copy but I never got a hold of them.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom