• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I'm poor, therefore feeling the crunch when trying to practice with my G26. Granted, 9mm ammo is not too expensive, but it really doesn't compare at all to .22 in price.

Therefore...I don't know if I should purchase a .22 handgun like a Walther P22/Sig Mosquito for practice/plinking and save a lot of cash on ammo..

or purchase an AK. I don't have an "assault" rifle in my collection and really wouldn't mind a more powerful caliber weapon...plus the ammo for the AK is fairly cheap as well.

I've seen a .22LR conversion kit for the Glock...anyone think that might be a good substitute?

I don't need either, just need help deciding my new toy lol
    Hurley's Gold

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    I have a buddy who has a Walther P22 that he might want to sell. Nice gun, shoots well. Let me know if you are interested.

gerritm

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm poor, therefore feeling the crunch when trying to practice with my G26. Granted, 9mm ammo is not too expensive, but it really doesn't compare at all to .22 in price.

Therefore...I don't know if I should purchase a .22 handgun like a Walther P22/Sig Mosquito for practice/plinking and save a lot of cash on ammo..

or purchase an AK. I don't have an "assault" rifle in my collection and really wouldn't mind a more powerful caliber weapon...plus the ammo for the AK is fairly cheap as well.

I've seen a .22LR conversion kit for the Glock...anyone think that might be a good substitute?

I don't need either, just need help deciding my new toy lol

Remember that practicing with an AK or .22 shouldn't replace practicing with your 9mm. Being good with one weapon doesn't make you good with the others. I would try to budget to be able to at least crank 100 rounds through that glock every month, just to stay proficient. IMO that should just be a minimum as to not get overly rusty with the gun it sounds like would be your carry gun.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Everyone needs a good .22 pistol for plinking. Then again everyone needs an AK, too

Tough call man, though I suspect if you were to buy the .22, you'd end up shooting it more than you would the AK. Also, I wouldn't recommend the Mosquito... I'm not at all impressed with mine.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Remember that practicing with an AK or .22 shouldn't replace practicing with your 9mm. Being good with one weapon doesn't make you good with the others. I would try to budget to be able to at least crank 100 rounds through that glock every month, just to stay proficient. IMO that should just be a minimum as to not get overly rusty with the gun it sounds like would be your carry gun.

Good point, I try to put atleast 100rds a weekend. The last time I went out I shot 250rds, but kind of slacked this past week. But you're right about the difference in caliber, however, I see Hickok45...who shoots just about anything he gets his hands on well. I assumed that if you're a good shot, and the weapon you're using is of high quality, you should theoretically do fine. Atleast in the case of a .22 and a 9mm where the recoil isn't too bad. I could be completely wrong, I don't know.

Dan - You're right, I think I would shoot the .22 more because of it's cost. I stayed up most of the night researching the P22/Mosquito and BOTH guns seem to have a good amount of problems. Now i'm confused as hell

I might just suck it up and practice more with my 9mm. I hear I can use steel casings no problem in the Glock, which is $8.99 for 50...maybe get one brass and one steel every weekend.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I have a P22 and I have NEVER had an issue with it...

What is the price of a .22 conversion kit with a couple of mags going for? Sounds like that would be the way to go for just popping paper... You still get the feel and sights of your Glock yet save lots of $$$ on ammo.

I have a GSG-5 that I LOVE to shoot... it wasn't a cheap rifle, but it was what I wanted so I just got one... I have a AR kit on order and I might get a .22 dedicated upper for the second lower I have ready to go someday...

All preference and financial choices... both of which can't really be made by other people...

Do you want to mess with a conversion kit? I don't think it is usually anything more than changing slides and mags, but I have never had one before to tell ya. Do you just want another pistol around so you have two instead of one with multi-caliber capabilities? The rifle... good choice, but more expensive than the conversion kit or pistol. The ammo will be more $$$, but again it would be another choice of weapon to grab and play with too.

Top Bottom