Texas SOT

AK47 prices have dropped a bit, what to buy....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I figured since AK prices have come down a bit, I'd like to buy at least 2-3 more. Any thoughts on these 2 Iam looking at?

an I.O. Inc for 400-ish....

pix358947635.gif

and an Hungarian AMD 65 AK47 Nodak Spud Receiver for 479$...

pix072196653.gif

Anywhere out there for cheap AK's right now?
    Texas SOT

trentward86

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 10, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Keep an eye peeled for stamped norincos for sale online. If you can scrounge up a bit more $ its worth the investment as those rifles are built essentially to military spec and are reliable as hell! I have had a mak90 for years and just finally gave it a cleaning after 1000's of rounds down chamber. Cleaned up incredibly and I can't wait to put new ammo through it!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Taking it from NASTY looking 3rd world style wood to Modern Warfare III status!! LOL Iam waiting on the quadrail to come in as I can't stand the wood variants. Lastly threading the barrel and installing a muzzle brake.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If you're going to **** it up with all that TAPCO crap, then go ahead and buy a shitty IO or that horrific AMD-65 kit build gun so it won't be ruining a decent AK!

If you're serious than I would consider that M70AB2 Serbian (Yugoslavia went away many moons ago) underfolder but be advised that the RPK-based receiver is heavier than other stamped ones and that the furniture on the M70 series AKs is proprietary in that the handguards from other AKs won't fit!

However, I have both an underfolder and fixed stock M70 rifles and both are solid shooters! Honestly, they are some of my favorite Kalashnikovs!

Otherwise, the current WASR-10s have had good reviews. The chances of canted sights or gas tubes have decreased dramatically. There may be some slight canting, but all production AKs (to include upper level Saigas) are susceptible to it.

Top Bottom