Alamo City Militaria Expo

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by majormadmax, May 30, 2016.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Not really a gun show (no firearms allowed), but a neat little militaria show at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Schertz (509 Schertz Parkway).

It's one day only, Saturday, June 11, 2016 from 9:00am-3:00pm, and only 125 tables; but if you're into military collectibles it can be a fun event!

[​IMG]

http://www.acmemilexpo.com/index.html

Plus, the two young ladies that man the entrance are usually dressed up in period uniforms which is always cool!

[​IMG]

Cheers! M2

2. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Now this sounds cool. Thanks M2

3. Tremors

Tremors Member

Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    It seems interesting. Whats the cost to get in? 8 dollars?

4. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
  5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Just a reminder that this militaria expo is tomorrow only from 9am-3pm. Hope to see ya there!

Cheers! M2

6. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    So, we went to the Alamo City Militaria Expo show this morning, and I found a few nice items. First were a complete set of a Soviet officer and East German NCO uniforms, with rank, badges, a hat, shirt, tie and pants...

[​IMG]

Also scored a Russian MiG-29 pin for a buck...

[​IMG]

A Russian airborne patch...

[​IMG]

A pack of Apollo/Soyuz commemorative cigarettes (seriously)...

[​IMG]

And lastly, a Soviet commemorative medal made into a key chain...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Now the kicker, the Soviet uniform set was $30, and the DDR one $25. The patch was $3, the cigarettes were $5, and the coin/keychain $8. As I mentioned, the Fulcrum pin was a buck, so all in all, I got everything above for under $75!

Plus, as a bonus, they had two sweet Willys Jeeps out front!

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, it just ended a few minutes ago; but there's another one in October.

As an additional bonus, we found an excellent place for breakfast in Schertz! It's called BG's & Billy Hannah's at 602 Main, and their breakfast combo for $4.99 was delicious! It was so good that I couldn't resist taking several bites before taking a photo!

[​IMG]

I'm drooling just looking at the photo again!

Cheers! M2

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  8. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Crap, I forgot to let everyone know the show was going on again today!

Better just to get show info off their website (http://www.acmemilexpo.com/show-info.html) or follow them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Alamo-City-Militaria-Expo-LLC-402707559819915/).

Just to note again this is NOT a gun show and no firearms or live ammo are allowed. The Knights of Columbus Hall does have legal 30.06 and 30.07 signage at the entrance.

But it's still worth a visit. I have yet to go to this show and not walk out with some cool finds. This time it was a pair of Czechoslovak airborne/special forces berets, and two ČSSR medals with display boxes.

Cheers! M2

9. jcrntx

jcrntx Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I keep meaning to check this out and keep missing it. Can't make it today but did follow them on FB so I won't miss the next one!

Southpaw and majormadmax like this.