Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Alan Gottleib jendorses Toomey Manchin.

I don't like it. We aren't really getting anything and they are getting pretty much everything they wanted out of the bill.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They will take whatever they can through this and down the road after some timer has passed and most likely after another shooting of their choosing, they will take more. It will be background checks for gun shows and "online" only, then it will be all private sales. Once they have that, they have registry, and then they can begin to confiscate.
    Not all at once of course. First maybe from those that today are legal, but tomorrow will be demonized for maybe PTSD, age, certain medications/treatments, or certain involvement in certain organizations. Everyone agreeing with these steps today, will go along with it just the same as they do today. After all, it will be labeled under the "common sense" school of thought. From there you can go on and on until there are only a few gun owners who have not yet been classified as prohibited from years and years of legislation. And their numbers will be so small, it won't even matter at that point.

Hang on to the guns you have or acquire before mandatory UBC's for ALL sales . They will be needed after confiscation and when they come looking for the next thing they don't want to take away from you. Hopefully this country will wake up and reverse some of the damage they inflict, but personally, I can't bet on it, and it makes what we have today worth more then gold.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I have to say I'm really disappointed Gottleib got behind this. He's written some good books on gun rights issues and the SAF has a good record of court victories. I wonder how much Bloomberg paid him to endorse this.

I'll probably write him a scathing letter when I get some time. I'm running out of gun rights organizations to support.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Very disappointed. I'm hearing there might be some deep underground stuff in this, but I have serious concerns to say the least. Not very happy with Gottlieb right now.

Ctownbmxr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Cowtown
    Anyone read the bill? I heard Gottleib on
    Guntalk today. If it is what he says it is, it's not a bad deal at all. If...
    Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thinking of moving over to the GOA , a no compromise outfit.
    The NRA just doesn't do it for me any more with all their dealing.

Ok, but first tell me what GOA has done, what victories they have.

Oh, right... none.

The thing that annoys me about the NRA, is their rating systems, there were a lot of a rated politicians who voted for cloture.

Their rating systems are reactive - based on past votes and polling info from politicians.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I know, still flawed... If you can't tell when you're getting taken for a ride...

Past performance is about the only realistic indicator to go off. The other way is to go by what they say, and if that's all NRA has to rate them on, it gets noted in the rating.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Gunowners won't get shit except the shaft.

In exchange for permanently banning civilian ownership of MGs, the FOPA was supposed to protect people traveling through pissholes like New Dork and New Jerkey yet you read about people being arrested in violation of federal protections all the time. A national registry is ALREADY illegal but that never stopped clinton from keeping NICS records far longer than allowed by the Brady Law itself.

If this law passes everyone will lose rights, interstate commerce definition is expanded to include even more, and we gain nothing because they will simply ignore the parts of the law they don't feel like following. Just like the 1986 FOPA. No deal, Gottlieb is dead wrong on this one.

Fool me once with FOPA, shame on you.
    Fool me twice with the 1994 AWB, shame on me.
    Fool me thrice with this UBC garbage, is our side retarded or what !?!??

Last edited:
    Top Bottom