• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    have my 1911ai rockand the pf9 as a bug now looking for a rifle dont have a lot of
    cash budget about 450-500 any sugestions
    Venture Surplus ad

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I have a REALLY nice wrist-rocket...but it comes with almost 5,000 rocks...

Seriously, did you have something in mind already? I have several rifles I might consider letting go of and save you some cash to boot...

You might want to go look at Rossi's Model 92, my wife got me one for fathers day in 45colt that I have offically fallen in love with, and they make a 16in barrel model that I wish I would have seen before she got this one. Local the Rossi NEW is running about $400-450 with tax.

If home defense is your only concern, why not look at a shotgun?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Get a pistol grip shotty. An 870 or mossy 500 get it done on a budget. ALL LEOs will tell you a shot gun with buckshot is best for HD. You won't get much of a rifle for that kind of cash unless you want a WASR AK. Even at that, experienced gun owners will tell you to save up and get an AR instead.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    are the rocks fmj

I have a REALLY nice wrist-rocket...but it comes with almost 5,000 rocks...

Seriously, did you have something in mind already? I have several rifles I might consider letting go of and save you some cash to boot...

You might want to go look at Rossi's Model 92, my wife got me one for fathers day in 45colt that I have offically fallen in love with, and they make a 16in barrel model that I wish I would have seen before she got this one. Local the Rossi NEW is running about $400-450 with tax.

If home defense is your only concern, why not look at a shotgun?
    have a rem 11oo just looking for a good starter bug out l love the sense hf humor

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    If you want a shotgun, you can sometimes find Saiga 12's within that price range. As for a rifle, why not an AK? For that price, you aren't going to get the most accurate thing but you can trust your life to them and they are more than accurate enough for home defense. Plus, surplus ammo is cheap for them if you want something that you can also take to the range every once in a while.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Get a pistol grip shotty. An 870 or mossy 500 get it done on a budget. ALL LEOs will tell you a shot gun with buckshot is best for HD. You won't get much of a rifle for that kind of cash unless you want a WASR AK. Even at that, experienced gun owners will tell you to save up and get an AR instead.

This. I have a pistol-gripped Mossy 500 Persuader loaded with 00-buckshot 3" magnum shells that will do a pretty good job of stopping a threat...

Nothing wrong with an AK, I have a few myself, but for HD you want a shottie!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    There is something espcially scary about looking down the barrel of a shotgun...at night...with a pissed off home owner on the other end...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    For a paltry $227 at WW, a Marlin 917V in .17HMR will do anything you want to do up to 200 yards. Bonnie & I have 4 of them and we shot 200 yard High Power matches for years. I shot a perfect score with one at 200 yards! There is absolutely nothing on the market that will shoot with a Marlin 917V for the money at 200 yards.

Flash

Top Bottom