• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Today at the rifle range we got a Cease Fire ! All Shooters: Cease Fire ! There are deer on the rifle range. 4 of them, chomping away on luscious grass between the 100 and 200 yard berm. RSO had to go and chase them off with the range cart.

I've never seen so many itchy fingers. Guy next to me says: are you kidding? I pay $3500 for a deer lease share and haven't seen this much action.

deer.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Not uncommon really. I've seen it a few times.

The dogs at Hicksville were just as bad.

Of course we've shot deer at the feeder and the others just stare like "what's his problem?"

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    They're on my club's range all the time. Some real nice bucks too. There are hogs too.
    During matches they'll call a ceasefire and someone will drive down range and shoo them away.
    Instant ban for life from the property if you shoot one. So no one does.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It happens on Camp Bullis all of the time as well, including with flocks of turkeys...

Nobody will shoot at them, but people have a bad tendency to look at them through their scopes which gets the RSOs excited!!

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    The hogs at this range are fair game, but you need to haul them out yourself.

I've heard about the Carter's Country deer.

I know they like to come out and nibble- especially at night, it's just ironic to see how brazen they can be.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Sometimes the staff at Greater Houston Gun Club would chase the deer out of the Sporting Clay area. It could be worse as there is a resident gator at Westside shooting range scaring old men in their golf carts.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    They're on my club's range all the time. Some real nice bucks too. There are hogs too.
    During matches they'll call a ceasefire and someone will drive down range and shoo them away.
    Instant ban for life from the property if you shoot one. So no one does.
    How is old Greenwood Gun Club? They were having a few problems when I left. Board member wars, things being destroyed & game cams stolen,

I’m still pissed off about the Coast Guard Reserves telling guys putting new tin on the roof at the long rang end that my suppressor was illegal.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    How is old Greenwood Gun Club? They were having a few problems when I left. Board member wars, things being destroyed & game cams stolen,

I’m still pissed off about the Coast Guard Reserves telling guys putting new tin on the roof at the long rang end that my suppressor was illegal.

I couldn’t tell you. Haven’t been involved for years.
    The rules for some aren’t the rules for others. Typical b.s.
    I rarely go there anymore.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There used to be a shooting range in Spring, at the end of Gosling (before it was cut through The Woodlands). There were several times that I saw deer wander out on the range while a dozen people were shooting. They didn't even look at us. One afternoon I was shooting there and suddenly realized that an old man and a young boy were walking down the side of the 100 yard range from the targets towards the shooting bench. They didn't have range officers, so I got everybody to go to cease fire and we watched them slowly walk towards us. Just before the benches, they cut into the woods along an old path and disappeared. To this day I can't imagine how that guy thought it was safe.

Top Bottom