• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    The Austin Rifle Club lists an ALSPPC Practical Rifle/Shotgun Match for Sunday, 13 September 2009, 7:00am - 5:00pm. I'm trying to find out more about this match, but don't see it listed on ALSPPC's website. I'm looking forward to this, anybody have any further info? Thanks!
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cool the ALS stuff is moving so much closer to me. Unfortunately I work on Sundays.

I know a guy or two that'll probably be there. Do you know Jon, Bishop, or Steven? Jon usually shoots a .45 ACP revolver or 1911, while the other guys shoot STI / Dawson.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I am a member of ARC and ALSPPC and I am waiting for some info also from ALSPPC. If you message me your regular email I will send info to you when I get it. The match is scheduled and info should have what is required.

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    ALSPPC members and the TXIPSC list got this in email today:

ALSPPC Match this Sunday

I have good news and I have news. The good news is that ARC has made arrangements to cover the bay floors with gravel which means no more match cancellations due to muddy conditions. This will be coupled with recontouring the bay floors for better drainage. This was scheduled for this week however due to the current rainy conditions it has been rescheduled for next week.

We are planning on having a five stage 2 gun match (rifle and pistol) on Sunday with approximately 80 rounds rifle and 40 rounds pistol. Shooters are welcome to shoot their pistols but expect some really tight shots. Match fee is $25. There is a strong possibility that the match will be cancelled due to muddy range conditions. If we have to cancel, hopefully it will be the last time save for a blizzard. I'll send out a message Friday evening. Hopefully we'll have a match. More details to follow.

I guess this match will use the normal times:
    NEW SHOOTERS--signup begins at 8:30 am and a safety briefing begins at 9:00 am.
    Regular shooters--signup begins at 9:00am and the shooters meeting starts at 9:30.
    Lee

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Just to close the loop here - from TXIPSC:

Hi Shooters,

Unfortunately, the rain this week will leave range conditions at the Austin Rifle Club unsuitable for the planned Sunday match. The match is canceled.

Hopefully, we will be able to have a 4th Sunday match at ARC on September 27. More details will be forthcoming.

The 4th Sunday match at ARC is a steel match, probably Steel Challenge style.

Lee

Top Bottom