• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have stated my position as clearly as I am able to do so- again: I support open carry by legal firearm owners, I support concealed carry by trained and background checked legal firearm owners. No "argument" or rational will change your mind and I quit chatting about this 10 minutes ago when a member started insulting my family.
    Fair winds to you
    A legal firearm owner has been background checked ( if they filled out a 4473)
    What “training” do you believe occurs with a 4 hour class that the instructors are legally prohibited from teaching handgun handling, marksmanship and from any assistance on the firing line in regards to loading, clearing stoppages, advice on where to move the sight to to get better hits, etc?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A legal firearm owner has been background checked ( if they filled out a 4473)
    What “training” do you believe occurs with a 4 hour class that the instructors are legally prohibited from teaching handgun handling, marksmanship and from any assistance on the firing line in regards to loading, clearing stoppages, advice on where to move the sight to to get better hits, etc?

And how does going from open carry to concealed carry make a person carrying any more proficient with the use of a firearm?

Method carry isn't a qualifier IMO.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Of course 18 year olds can possess a handgun In Texas. They can even get an LTC.

“Sec. 411.172
    Eligibility

(g)
    Notwithstanding Subsection (a)(2), a person who is at least 18 years of age but not yet 21 years of age is eligible for a license to carry a handgun if the person:
    (1) is a member or veteran of the United States armed forces, including a member or veteran of the reserves or national guard;
    (2) was discharged under honorable conditions, if discharged from the United States armed forces, reserves, or national guard; and
    (3) meets the other eligibility requirements of Subsection (a) except for the minimum age required by federal law to purchase a handgun.”

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It amazes me how many folks are talking past each other in this thread. Some take offense at insults that clearly weren't intended to be insults. Some are not hearing the point made by others but are responding to what they thought the other person was going to say.

I used to have a boss who refused to read email. He actually said that the subject line of an email told him all he needed to know; he only responded to that. I'd write him an email with "Dallas Project problem" in the subject line and he'd respond with a couple of curt paragraphs telling me something that he'd already said at a meeting. Of course, his reiteration had absolutely nothing to do with the new problem I wrote him about so I'd have to walk to his office, stand in his doorway, and have a conversation before he'd finally get it. He just couldn't be arsed to actually read what I had written.

I'm seeing some of that in this thread and I'm having flashbacks to the frustration I felt when dealing with that boss.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well since she graduated a year early from high school, and can read and understand written statements without viewing them though biased lenses, then she is not retarded- MISTER- call me what you want but leave insults to my family out of it! She chose not to have a firearm around him, she made no decisions for anyone else. AND neither can YOU!
    I have stated my position as clearly as I am able to do so- again: I support open carry by legal firearm owners, I support concealed carry by trained and background checked legal firearm owners. No "argument" or rational will change your mind and I quit chatting about this 10 minutes ago when a member started insulting my family.
    Fair winds to you
    I wasn't insulting her at all.
    If her boyfriend is so irresponsible that she doesn't trust him with dangerous objects, she has more problems than a pistol in the house. And at 18, I'm sorry, but she does not have enough life experience to know who is responsible enough to have what and make decision for others lives yet.
    He may be totally irresponsible with everything but guns. I was. Until I had kids in my mid 20s. But as irresponsible as I was, I never, not once, accidentally hurt another from my stupidity.
    So yeah, she needs to grow the hell up, find another boyfriend and quit making decisions for others. She may be educated, and very sweet for all I know. But she ain't smart. Neither are you.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'm pro-bun, when said bun is either on a hamburger, hotdog, hoagie, or a lady. Man-buns are no bueno. Only good thing about 'em is you can get a quick visual and make an educated guess about a lot of things pertaining to the wearer of a man-bun.

As long as they have proper training and licensed........I'm good with it....

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Absolutely correct, criminals and people with criminal intent will not be effected by written laws, however a few school examples: situations which escalate to guns, accidents or the theft of a firearm by a student from a carrying individual would be prevented. I think those areas where people congregate and stress, depression, hostility and /or confrontation is common should be considered for limited firearm access. Courtrooms, police stations, riots;) are a few. These are complex issues best discussed face to face over a beer. (and after a few responses I have received, without weapons)
    So,,,,are you saying you can't be trusted with a weapon?
    Or we can't?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everybody in this thread

Chill GIF - Chi GIFs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom