American Shooting Center Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Flight954, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Flight954

Flight954 Active Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I had not been out to ASC in over a year. I took my daughter there yesterday and had a great time. The staff was nice and the range officers were friendly.

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Just be very care full with leaving your guns while going down range. I know a guy that him & his son came back from posting target to find their stuff was gone. Kind of ruined their day & hunting season.

3. Flight954

Flight954 Active Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    You know, I can certainly see that happening. Thanks for the heads up.

4. landin18

landin18 Member

it is houston afterall.

5. sean gaines

sean gaines New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    katy, Texas
    I have never heard of anyone getting thier gun stolen, you could take a bike chain and run it through your trigger gaurd and lock it, if you are concerned about it. That would just slow down a potential thief. I usually take a peek back at my gun every so often when I go to put my new target up.

6. landin18

landin18 Member

hey how does ASC work? ive never been there. Where do you pay? or do you just head out there and wait for the RO to swing by?

7. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Try the Impact Zone, ASC is a crappy place to shoot.

8. chechnya

chechnya New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Really? Why? I feel safe shooting at ASC, my only complaint is the wind. Sometimes it will gust up to 20mph. Never thought about theft, looks like I'll be using that gun lock that came with my handgun after all, except around a post.