Join TexasGunTalk

American Silencer Association

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Cozmolyne, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Cozmolyne

Cozmolyne Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I know many NFA-freaks know about and love this organization but this is for people who don't know. This is one of the first organizations to actually focus on chipping away the outdated, redundant NFA. If we can achieve removing silencers, we'll have broken the ice and SBRs, SBSs, AOW, and even MGs will surely follow. 1 year membership is only 35 dollars.

They're very small and need our help. Make a thread about it on another forum ya'll frequent, tell your friends and family about it.

Membership

2. grumper

grumper Well-Known

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I dunno. I joined that NFATCA for 1 year and look where them cocksuckers took us.

I think the NRA and TSRA are enough for me right now. I simply don't trust those small fly by night 'gun rights' orgs any more.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I haven't seen anything other than a statement by them about the latest executive order BS. Is there any other proof theyre doing something about this pending EO?

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Out of all the NFA organizations out there, personally, I would have a lot more confidence in the ASA. I mean, the organization was founded in large part by a number of major industry manufacturers. Just take a look at their YouTube channel and look at the quality of content they're putting out there: American Silencer Association's Channel - YouTube

5. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    First and only blog entry on ASA site is dated February 29, 2012.

They have nothing to say about the most important event affecting silencers in 25 years.

I think it is safe to say ASA is Dead On Arrival.

6. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    And that is the problem. I have posted and written more than the organizations

7. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    This is the ONLY statement I've seen from them and it was on September 6th.

"AMERICAN SILENCER ASSOCIATION WITHHOLDING STATEMENT ON ATF’S PROPOSED RULE CHANGEOn Thursday, August 29, the Obama administration announced two new executive actions targeting the firearms industry. One of his actions addresses transfers*of National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms to privately held trusts and corporations. Although the proposed rule change has been published by the ATF, the final proposal has not yet been published in the Federal Register.*The American Silencer Association (ASA) is conducting a thorough review of the proposed regulatory reform, which will not be completed until after the final language is published. Until this time, the ASA will withhold comment. We appreciate your understanding, and will issue a statement at the appropriate time."

Its been two months and not a peep from an organization thats whole reason for existence is to fight stuff like this. December will be here before yoy know it. Unless I see something positive from them I will not donate.

8. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My boss is the president of the ASA. For those of you that know him you know what he's about and you know his opinion on this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

9. ScorpionHunter

ScorpionHunter Active Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I think ASA is a great idea, but before I send in money I'd need to have a better idea how it's spent. They sponsor the Silencers are Legal events in Dallas, and that's great, but they need to do a lot more if they want to be an effective lobbying force. Liberty was in the area last weekend doing events. I believe Silencer Shop sponsors events. ASA should be doing the same thing in a different city each weekend. Get each of their members to send a couple reps with some suppressors to a local gun ranges around the country, invite local politicians, maybe even CLEOs. Show our elected officials that law-abiding tax payers use suppressors to make the shooting sports more fun and safe. If they could build momentum to get political pressure applied to BATFE or to even overturn the NFA, I'd send them money.

10. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Well what is the ASA doing about the pending EO? A statement two months ago is pretty vague, and time is quickly ticking away. Im all for sending money to a just cause but the ASA isn't the greatest at being vocal about what theyre doing. A couple flashy videos on youtube doesn't do it for me. In their defense though, there has been very little industry outcry. Which perplexes me seeing as how this directly reflects their livelihood.