• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaggydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    College Station
    Disclaimer: I have absolutely NO financial stake in either of the endeavors listed below nor do I personally know, outside of a strictly consumer relationship, the principals of either organization.

My experience with the following companies over the past number of months has been outstanding and I feel compelled to share this information with others.

First is Double Tap Ammunition (doubletapammo.com). Mike McNett provides a quality product at a good price and his service is second to none. Over the past couple of years I have purchased ammunition in 9 mm, .357 mag, .38, .44 mag, .45 acp, .308 win and .500 S&W mag in substantial quantities and have been extremely satisfied with the product, price and service.

Second is Sun Optics. Unfortunately their website stinks so give them a call and request a catalog (817-447-9047). I have purchased 2 of the model no. CD13-TRT30xx sights (one green reticle and one red reticle). These sights are mounted on my M1a scout and S&W 500 magnum with 6.5” barrel respectively. Neither of these firearms have inconsequential recoil however the recoil from the 500 magnum loaded with 350 grain rounds from Double Tap Ammo is substantial to say the least. Mike McNett rates these rounds at 1,975 fps and 3,032 ft./lbs. of energy out of an 8” barrel. I believe that the numbers are not too much less than that out of my 6.5” barrel. I have put a fair number of rounds through both weapons with the sights attached and neither sight has given me any problem. You will also find that Jim and Dewayne (owners) provide an outstanding level of customer service.

Both organizations provide an excellent product at a very good price with service that is first rate and, in my opinion, that is a combination that is all too rare these days.
    Lynx Defense

Top Bottom